• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Getting INFINIA through the FD Route

jiffyspace

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Read somewhere on reddit that people got the INFINIA by opening an account in HDFC and creating an FD (10L).

Now, I know this is not the most ideal way because of dismal rate of returns of FD and you can get better returns somewhere else. But wondering if this is possible? I already have Regalia but only with 2.25L limit so still a long way to 10L limit and apply via the method mentioned in the forum.

Has anyone been able to get INFINIA by creating an FD?

Last edited:

ADITYA1904

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
@ADITYA1904 What limits were you given on both the cards, and for how long did you maintain the fd?

Also, after how long and on what basis did you convert it into an unsecured card, please?

Thank you @ADITYA1904
They give 75% of fd means 8.25000 limit later on i liquidate the fd and infinia card is closed…i kept it for 1 year…they upgraded my dcb unsecured to infinia unsecured…

Bodhi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
They give 75% of fd means 8.25000 limit later on i liquidate the fd and infinia card is closed…i kept it for 1 year…they upgraded my dcb unsecured to infinia unsecured…
Thank you very much @ADITYA1904

Does anyone know of any other route to acquire Infinia as a first credit card from HDFC other than the ITR route?

On a card-to-card basis?

On opening an Imperia account?

On the basis of a large initial funding amount?

Any recommendations/approvals from the cluster head or zonal head/business head, etc.?

Please share your experiences.

Thank you

Tosh

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thank you very much @ADITYA1904

Does anyone know of any other route to acquire Infinia as a first credit card from HDFC?

On a card-to-card basis?

On opening an Imperia account?

On the basis of a large initial funding amount?

Any recommendations/approvals from the cluster head or zonal head/Business head, etc.?

Please share your experiences.

Thank you
Its very difficult to get infinia without any prior relationship unless you are UHNI and willing to have NRV in tens of lakhs just for one card. Although at that point the card won't matter to you much.

ADITYA1904

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Its very difficult to get infinia without any prior relationship unless you are UHNI and willing to have NRV in tens of lakhs just for one card. Although at that point the card won't matter to you much.
Right said…but i have long standing relationship with hdfc since 11-12 years with credit card, loan and i am also doctor…

surgan

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
@ADITYA1904 would having secured card have any impact on other unsecured card ? My wife has unsecured diners card with 6L, when I asked for infinia, i was offered secured card with FD back then I was not interested due to low interest rates but I want to know if i opt for secured infinia, will their internal system trigger automatic limit enhancement so that i can upgrade diners to infinia when it reaches 8L+ ?

ADITYA1904

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
@ADITYA1904 would having secured card have any impact on other unsecured card ? My wife has unsecured diners card with 6L, when I asked for infinia, i was offered secured card with FD back then I was not interested due to low interest rates but I want to know if i opt for secured infinia, will their internal system trigger automatic limit enhancement so that i can upgrade diners to infinia when it reaches 8L+ ?
NRV helps but not guaranteed and also they rarely give infinia to diners club black holder as they do think they are same and top most card but if you achieve limit 8L or above you can request to hdfc chennai for upgrade to infinia, other relationships like loan, fd, insurance policies definitely helps as if bank earns from you, they are also willing to share with you the their best offers…

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Tens of lakhs is nothing. It doesn't make you a UHNI. I have routinely kept crores with HDFC and they declined even Millenia, let alone Infinia despite having excellent credit score, various other cards and high ITR. You would have to bring in something like 20 plus crores for them to even care.

redcarpet

TF Premier
Tens of lakhs is nothing. It doesn't make you a UHNI. I have routinely kept crores with HDFC and they declined even Millenia, let alone Infinia despite having excellent credit score, various other cards and high ITR. You would have to bring in something like 20 plus crores for them to even care.
Bruh for crores, they def would have offered Millenia at the very least. If u dont mind can u expand on whether its saving+salary or savings or current acc and whats the AMB and for how long did u hold it before applying for Millenia

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
how much do you keep
because for 8 figures you would get a invite for infinit banking and infinnia both that too LTF
probably your branch and rm who are pestering you

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Your QAB matters. I received a preapproved Regalia Gold 5 months after opening my account with them probably based on my relationship. I was eligible for DCB also(based on ITR), but I have decided never to get a Diners card, so went with the RG. I will try for Infinia in the coming months based on ITR and relationship.

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Your QAB matters. I received a preapproved Regalia Gold 5 months after opening my account with them probably based on my relationship. I was eligible for DCB also(based on ITR), but I have decided never to get a Diners card, so went with the RG. I will try for Infinia in the coming months based on ITR and relationship.
I have kept 50 lakhs plus for 6 months. Even now, for over a year, I have 30 lakhs there in fixed deposits. The problem is that I applied immediately after opening the account and they rejected it. So no hope for a pre approved offer. Finally they issued a Moneyback with just 62k limit and have since refused to upgrade or increase the limit. My request for upgrade and limit increase was turned down despite submitting a decent ITR which was way more than the required income. Totally silly.

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
how much do you keep
because for 8 figures you would get a invite for infinit banking and infinnia both that too LTF
probably your branch and rm who are pestering you
For a period of time, I kept around 3 crores and then lowered it to 50 lakhs as I was losing too much on low interest. Now I just keep 30 lakhs in FDs to keep Imperia status. All it got me was a 62k limit Moneyback. They are very disorganised and inefficient. Other banks issue you whatever card you want with 15 to 20 lakhs deposit. I also have stocks and bond holdings with HDFC.

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Bruh for crores, they def would have offered Millenia at the very least. If u dont mind can u expand on whether its saving+salary or savings or current acc and whats the AMB and for how long did u hold it before applying for Millenia
I opened an account with 20 lakhs and immediately applied for C2C using my ICICI card with 8 lakhs limit on advice of the RM. It was denied without any reason. Then he upgraded me to Imperia and I moved around 3 crores there for about 3 months. Finally I left 50 lakhs in FDs and stocks as I was losing too much interest and I didn't really care about their card anymore. Now I just have 30 lakhs there including bonds. Everytime they promised an upgrade but it never happened. I don't care about it anymore. Someday they will increase the limit and upgrade.

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
. Someday they will increase the limit and upgrade.
Bro, change your branch and RM. I know people with 11.5 in FD’s holding an Infinia. Even in my case they gave me a Regalia with 300k limit when all I did was to maintain only 10k min balance in my account and used it just for UPI.
Mention your city if you’re comfortable and then ask for suggestions for a good branch or RM to shift.