• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Getting a Credit Card as an 18 year old.

Riya Sharma

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have a nephew who is about to turn 19 in a couple of days. He is hardworking and makes really good money whilst being enrolled in a premier institute.
He has the Tata Neu card but wants something more rewarding. For quite a few years he was interested in credit cards as he had seen my collection and became enthralled. Now he is pestering me to help him get a premium credit card. He makes around 30 lakhs per annum and has an account in HDFC (they don't give non co-branded cc to under 21's) and an Axis Priority account in which he maintains 2lakhs (I think it is a stupid idea but he doesn't listen)

He hasn't even been able to get a credit card with Axis and is telling me that he will change his account and deposit even a 5 lakhs check in an account if they guarantee a credit card to him.

What will be the best bank for this?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
We were all fascinated by something or the other when we were in teens, but an elder's responsibility is to tell them what is real and unreal, good or bad.. otherwise ultimately the teen will suffer at the end..
Infinia at 19, !!

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Lol now the whole thread is psychoanalysing him. I should have expected this.
That depends on how we take it.. seriously. It's not about him..it's about an individual..
I know you are in a difficult situation..
You love him and want to see his wish to be fulfilled somehow so that he is happy..
But do you really think it is good for him long term..
When we love someone we miss the common sense, logic.. that's what love does to us..
This is my last post with regard to this subject.
Best wishes to you and your nephew..

Lol now the whole thread is psychoanalysing him. I should have expected this.
It is because you are at the wrong place to fulfil your nephew's fantasy for credit cards. You should approach some credit card agents or a branch head for your queries. They will guide you with all sorts of methods whether legal or illegal to somehow approve credit cards for your nephew.

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Your nephew can refer this excellent writeup by @bhavyegoel and consider going for an Amex -

Heisenberg37

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have a nephew who is about to turn 19 in a couple of days. He is hardworking and makes really good money whilst being enrolled in a premier institute.
He has the Tata Neu card but wants something more rewarding. For quite a few years he was interested in credit cards as he had seen my collection and became enthralled. Now he is pestering me to help him get a premium credit card. He makes around 30 lakhs per annum and has an account in HDFC (they don't give non co-branded cc to under 21's) and an Axis Priority account in which he maintains 2lakhs (I think it is a stupid idea but he doesn't listen)

He hasn't even been able to get a credit card with Axis and is telling me that he will change his account and deposit even a 5 lakhs check in an account if they guarantee a credit card to him.

What will be the best bank for this?
Im 19 i started with axis preapproved card
And now i hold Axis Vi Atlas Select Samsung
Hdfc 2 cards
Amex plat charge , travel mrcc