• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Getting a Credit Card as an 18 year old.

Riya Sharma

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have a nephew who is about to turn 19 in a couple of days. He is hardworking and makes really good money whilst being enrolled in a premier institute.
He has the Tata Neu card but wants something more rewarding. For quite a few years he was interested in credit cards as he had seen my collection and became enthralled. Now he is pestering me to help him get a premium credit card. He makes around 30 lakhs per annum and has an account in HDFC (they don't give non co-branded cc to under 21's) and an Axis Priority account in which he maintains 2lakhs (I think it is a stupid idea but he doesn't listen)

He hasn't even been able to get a credit card with Axis and is telling me that he will change his account and deposit even a 5 lakhs check in an account if they guarantee a credit card to him.

What will be the best bank for this?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Oooooo iska matlab aadhar card ko temporary edit karke dob change karo aur apply Karo.
Nice trick 💯
I'll use this one someday
It seems there is LIMIT for each data item with respect to how many times we can change it in Aadhar database..I think DOB can only be changed once , if O am not wrong..
Refer to UIDAI web site for details

Cebu

TF Premier
He earns over 30 lakhs at the age of 19 .. I have even seen top IIT B Graduates get 20-25 package after graduating, and he is earning more than them now.. Incredible !

Cebu

TF Premier
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Also Amzn and Micropp do give 40+ to freshers (50% as RSU so just 20 in real world pay)
Yeah, but I don't think the person is lying.
Regarding RSU, thats true but still 20+ Package is pretty good for college graduates, especially if the family belongs to tier 2 cities

Cebu

TF Premier
His dad is the best friend of a person pretty high up in Vijay Sales so that may contribute to his position. But let's please not discuss his job. Let's focus on the credit card aspect.
I am curious about his job tbh, Especially for my son, he is 18 and interested in different fields instead of the traditional MBA path..
I didn't know website management had such high money, I will recommend him to explore this field and see if he likes it.

zomato

TF Premier
nobody's paying that much to a part timer, right now even graduates in IIITH not getting these types of offers and on top of that vijay sales is a miser company, my college is same tier as IIITH and condition is too bad for placements and jobs this year 🥲 probably lying tbh

zomato

TF Premier
I am curious about his job tbh, Especially for my son, he is 18 and interested in different fields instead of the traditional MBA path..
I didn't know website management had such high money, I will recommend him to explore this field and see if he likes it.
"if he likes it" is important sarr

Riya Sharma

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Correct this is a credit card forum and not a linked in forum
But still I'd love to hear his story of nepotism 🤑
Honestly, I don't know a lot about his job. Like I said, he is my nephew and I can only relay the information he has told me. I don't think he would lie about something like this. Everything I know about his situation I have already told you guys.

zomato

TF Premier
Honestly, I don't know a lot about his job. Like I said, he is my nephew and I can only relay the information he has told me. I don't think he would lie about something like this. Everything I know about his situation I have already told you guys.
how did he got tata neu card though? it says min 21yo in eligibility