• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Frustrated with BOB card application experience.

doomlord

TF Select
Hi community members,

I would like to share my BOB cc application experience.

The first time I applied, I'd applied for BoB Premier LTF online, they repeatedly requested address proof, to which I complied. However, after some time, they unexpectedly rejected my application. At that point, I didn't bother to inquire about the reason since I had already obtained credit cards from other banks.

More recently, I applied for a Bank of Baroda (BoB) Easy LTF card through an agent whose contact I got from a fellow member here. I sent my salary slips and salary bank statements, but it took them two months to process my application after repeatedly sending documents again and again and following up with them via mails. When the verification call finally came, the first attempt to meet in person near my office was thwarted by traffic and the verifier denied to meet due to the worst ever traffic congestion in Bangalore (27th September, this was in news too). The next day, another agent from my native place (as per my Aadhar address), called me to meet while I actually work in Bangalore. They met my grandfather since my parents live in a rented home elsewhere. They asked basic details, neighbours name, my relationship with the address owner and all that stuff. After this encounter, I checked my application status, only to find that it had been rejected.

Frustrated, I contacted them via email to ask why they had rejected my application. Their reply left me even more infuriated, as it stated, "The customer has moved to another place, so we cannot process the application." This despite the fact that I had clearly mentioned in my application that I work in an office in Bangalore. I expressed my dissatisfaction with their service and suggested they reconsider, even offering to facilitate an office verification. Unfortunately, their responses seemed automated, with phrases like "As per bank policy, we cannot proceed with the application. Apply again after 6 months."

Please refer to the attached screenshot for further details.

Screenshot2023-10-06-19-05-28-16.jpg
Screenshot2023-10-06-19-06-07-412.jpg
Screenshot2023-10-06-19-05-56-493.jpg

After this, I've given up in getting BoB card, even the agent told, BoB's policies are worst so leave it and try for other bank's credit cards. I just wanted this card for occasional flight offers and other offers.

Any suggestions, what went wrong and what can I do in future for better chances of approval?

Thank you guys for reading!