• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Frequent FD opening and closures

financewizard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have a friend who is working in a bank and he frequently asks me to put some FDs (with his employee code) and close it in 2-3 days for him to achieve his targets.

The amount is usually like 10k per FD 2-3 times a month. So month on month I am opening FDs worth 30k in different tranches and closing it in 2-3 days of opening.

Now I am concerned as I am not sure on how bank and IT department will look at these transactions in a longer run..

Can any banking experts let me know on the "threshold" after which the banks monitor / take action ?? Or are these transactions fine as I just book and close FDs from my savings account. - need some clarity.

Last edited:
Solution
I have a friend who is working in a bank and he frequently asks me to put some FDs (with his employee code) and close it in 2-3 days for him to achieve his targets.

The amount is usually like 10k per FD 2-3 times a month. So month on month I am opening FDs worth 30k in different tranches and closing it in 2-3 days of opening.

Now I am concerned as I am not sure on how bank and IT department will look at these transactions in a longer run..

Can any banking experts let me know on the "threshold" after which the banks monitor / take action ?? Or are these transactions fine as I just book and close FDs from my savings account. - need some clarity.

I did 4.5 lakh fd yesterday via rm 🥸 .will close in 7 days .
Chill
Intrest...

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

The amount is usually like 10k per FD 2-3 times a month. So month on month I am opening FDs worth 30k in different branches and closing it in 2-3 days of opening.

Chill
Intrest earned is reported not . Closing & opening.

financewizard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Chill
Intrest earned is reported not . Closing & opening.
The amount really doesn't matter as commoners might open FD and will be forced to close it due to some emergency. I really don't think that doing that once or twice will make any difference even if the amount is quite big. But in my case I am regularly doing this game and it is the frequency that concerns me. 🤪

Like in the past 6 months I have opened and closed ~30 FDs. 😁

Tejo

TF Legend
The amount really doesn't matter as commoners might open FD and will be forced to close it due to some emergency. I really don't think that doing that once or twice will make any difference even if the amount is quite big. But in my case I am regularly doing this game and it is the frequency that concerns me. 🤪

Like in the past 6 months I have opened and closed ~30 FDs. 😁
Agar pre-withdrawal nhi hai tho safe

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Rm ladki hai na
Nahi bhai 😅 .
I could have got Ladki rm but i avoided...
He is male XY with two kids
Ham log rm ko avoid karte hai
@DocFixIt rm ko Roz call karke bolta fd krlo aap jitna Maan ho
First time he did for 2 lakh - when i was getting classic

Next i complained hence he got some blessings from BM ( it wasn't his mistake i didn't thought he would have to clarify infront of bM )
So as gesture i did it ..
Not Anymore 🥸