• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Fincare Small Finance Bank to merge with AU Small Finance Bank

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
yes, i was using the term freely.

you were talking in case of black swan event. normally most banks are saved by rbi, but in those scenarios it won't be the case.
wasnt yes bank bailed out
it was a black swan event in the middle of a black swan event

I think he extended the meaning of bailout. Bailout specifically means spending taxpayer money. RBI is one of the best regulators when it comes to their ability to reduce exposure to taxpayers. PMC got bailed out by another bank, cuz when you get a banking license you agree to the terms of RBI, one of them is to bailout a fellow bank if and when the need arises. RBI takes note of these, for eg DBS has got a lot of goodwill after their help in bailing out LVB.
yes bank being bailed out by sbi
where at 1 bonds were wrote off
credit suisee where at 1 bonds where written off
60 billion balance sheet sold for 3 billion
and the insurer insuring all deposits means the taxpayers money being used as bailout

and are still doing the same
it will continue to do so
to afford paying its interest on its debt

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
ideally yes, but until that's written down as part of the agreement b/w the banks, it's in limbo.
No limbo. It is an agreed upon contract between Fincare and the depositors. Anyone purchasing it has absolutely got to honour that contract. There is absolutely no question about it. All assests and liabilities are passed on to the buyer.

dvader

TF Premier
They HAVE to honor the contract. People will eat both AU and Fincare in court if Fincare/AU fail to keep good on deposits. There is no limbo, bank mergers and aqus are under RBI regulation. They HAVE to honor it by law unless they go bankrupt 🤣.

But as I said the Fincare rates will be a bit diluted that is all. Ujjivan is next best in terms of interest rates.