• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Facing strange issue while re opening airtel payments bank account

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
I had closed my airtel payments bank account……. Now again I am trying to reopen with same number… And same aadhar and pan… But I am unable to open at airtel store and even online…..

I contacted customer care they are saying that I shud use id other than aadhar…. But airtel mitra app which airtel store uses…. Dont have option other than aadhar for id….

Anybody was able to open again airtel account after closing account…….?? How can it be done…..

prc1990

TF Legend
I was trying to reactivate my mini kyc account/wallet which is currently dormant but don't want to convert it to full kyc savings account by going to any store. Not getting any solution.

TheTrickySid

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I had closed my airtel payments bank account……. Now again I am trying to reopen with same number… And same aadhar and pan… But I am unable to open at airtel store and even online…..

I contacted customer care they are saying that I shud use id other than aadhar…. But airtel mitra app which airtel store uses…. Dont have option other than aadhar for id….

Anybody was able to open again airtel account after closing account…….?? How can it be done…..
I think according to RBI guidelines one cannot reopen those wallets/payment bank account once closed.
This info was shared to me when I contacted Zomato to close my Zomato wallet.
I think the same is with kotak 811 one cannot reopen once closed
I am not sure but this can be the reason.

TheTrickySid

TF Legend
VIP Lounge

Btw why do you want to reopen now??

prc1990

TF Legend
GRAB DEALS txn on Flipkart at 10-06-2022 was successfully recorded. Your cashback/reward points will be processed within 90-120 days. Got this sms today. It takes upto 120 days 🧐😐.

SC_23

TF Premier
Ported my sim to Airtel checked their app turns out I had 0.45rs on payments bank or wallet and I don't even remember accessing their banking or wallet system before this 😂

SC_23

TF Premier
I think according to RBI guidelines one cannot reopen those wallets/payment bank account once closed.
This info was shared to me when I contacted Zomato to close my Zomato wallet.
I think the same is with kotak 811 one cannot reopen once closed
I am not sure but this can be the reason.
Isn't 811 normal bank account?

SC_23

TF Premier
It can't be reopened
You can only open regular savings account with min 10k balance
Offtopic: I read in other forum that if we issue cheque book in Kotak 811 they cut 300 annual maintenance charges, anyone faced this? Most probably guy mistook debit + chequebook charges for annual maintenance charges