• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Experian report reflecting a personal loan I haven't taken

navonline7

TF Premier
An active personal loan of 75000 is reflecting in my Experian report. The report says that the loan was sanctioned on 13-03-2017 at 13% interest. I never applied for a personal loan with State Bank of India. No idea how it was sanctioned. After I raised a complaint, someone called me from SBI today and was telling me that GoI and RBI asked all banks to sanction loans based on debit cards :ROFLMAO:. I realized that he was blabbering so gave him and earful and said will complain to the ombudsman. He said go ahead and disconnected the call.

How do I get this loan deleted from my Experian report? I have already raised a dispute with Experian and sent an email to my SBI home branch and customer care. Shall I escalate this or wait for SBI to rectify?

Last edited:

prc1990

TF Ace
An active personal loan of 75000 is reflecting in my Experian report. The report says that the loan was sanctioned on 13-03-2017 at 13% interest. I never applied for a personal loan with State Bank of India. No idea how it was sanctioned. After I raised a complaint, someone called me from SBI today and was telling me that GoI and RBI asked all banks to sanction the loan based on debit card :ROFLMAO:. I realized that he was blabbering so gave him and earful and said will complain to the ombudsman. He said go ahead and disconnected the call.

How do I get this loan deleted from my Experian report? I have already raised a dispute with Experian and sent an email to my SBI home branch and customer care. Shall I escalate this or wait for SBI to rectify?
Yes first take this up with the concerned bank by following the appropriate escalation matrix.

If it doesn't get resolved within 30 days then you can approach RBI Ombudsman or escalate to any other authority outside of the concerned bank.

P.S. Experian and any other CICs can't amend data from their end unless they are asked to do so by the respective banks/financial institutions.

navonline7

TF Premier
Yes first take this up with the concerned bank by following the appropriate escalation matrix.

If it doesn't get resolved within 30 days then you can approach RBI Ombudsman or escalate to any other authority outside of the concerned bank.

P.S. Experian and any other CICs can't amend data from their end unless they are asked to do so by the respective banks/financial institutions.
yeah, it has to be done from the bank's end. Hope SBI acts swiftly and does the needful, else have to resort to escalation

navonline7

TF Premier
Someone from the head office called me and said they would arrange for a letter from the home branch saying that I didn't take any such loan. Waiting for the home branch to respond

Last edited:

navonline7

TF Premier
Update: Got an NoC from the branch stating that I have not taken any personal loans from them. Have asked for an ETA for removing the loan frm the Experian report, waiting for a response.