• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI sent someone else loan documents to my address

vijay.vj

TF Ace
ICICI sent someone else "Request for home loan cancellation" letter to my address. Its addressed as below. Basically some incorrect name with my address.
It contains some unknown ICICI Homeloan account.

How to deal with it, I have no idea how many such loan accounts are tagged with my address...
I had similar issue in past, where when I tried to update my communication address, they changed half of it and left remaining half... make it useless address.

Some company in Ludhiana,
My address xx,
yy,
zz

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
ICICI sent someone else "Request for home loan cancellation" letter to my address. Its addressed as below. Basically some incorrect name with my address.

How to deal with it, I have no idea how many such loan accounts are tagged with my address...
I had similar issue in past, where when I tried to update my communication address, they changed half of it and left remaining half... make it useless address.

Some company in Ludhiana,
My address xx,
yy,
zz
Okay now they are stuffing up with loan accounts as well, after the recent CC goof up....
May be now they will blame with wrong mapping of customer name with customer address in their loans database..
Good on you ICICI...Great use of technology!!!!

Last edited:

vijay.vj

TF Ace
Okay now they are stuffing up with loan accounts as well.
May be now also they will blame with wrong mapping of customer name with customer address in theory loans database..
Good in you ICICI...Great use of technology!!!!
Yeah god knows how screwed their systems are... or someone is abusing it?

Any idea what to do? other then raising it to ICICI...

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV

_amit_

TF Premier
Yeah god knows how screwed their systems are... or someone is abusing it?

Any idea what to do? other then raising it to ICICI...
You should not have accepted it as it was not in your name or anyone else in your family (assuming you might not be expecting similar documents)

But as you have accepted it now, you can either return it to the nearest branch.
Or if you feel like playing, you can tag ICICI (with RBI) on twitter and ask about how many times do they expose data in this manner and how much have they screwed in similar ways.

vijay.vj

TF Ace
You should not have accepted it as it was not in your name or anyone else in your family.

But as you have accepted it now, you can either return it to the nearest branch.
Or if you feel like playing, you can tag ICICI (with RBI) on twitter and ask about how many times do they expose data in this manner and how much have they screwed in similar ways.
They sent it via normal post, costing 6 rupees. It was just dropped at the gate.

Glad it has no documents, other then confirmation of home loan account cancellation with loan account.

_amit_

TF Premier
They sent it via normal post, costing 6 rupees. It was just dropped at the gate.

Glad it has no documents, other then confirmation of home loan account cancellation with loan account.
Please raise this on twitter if possible. This is unacceptable. They can not send such documents this way.

Also ask about their profit for this financial year, if they are cutting cost this way.

sidp

TF Ace
As you have accepted someone else's document, you should Inform icici about this. Otherwise someone might point finger to you.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Raise it to icici and raise it in witter as well.
Tomorrow it will be news item under your banner.

Please put my name also in your twitter post...I too want to be in the news tomorrow and be famous for one day !!!! ;) :D:ROFLMAO:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
As you have accepted someone else's document, you should Inform icici about this. Otherwise someone might point finger to you.
He had not accepted it, it was delivered to him in his post box with his address in it.

Because it was delivered to his residential address with wrong name.. he would not know whether the name was wrong or address was wrong until he opened it...

Last edited:

sidp

TF Ace
He had not accepted it, it was delivered to him in his post box with his address in it.

Because it was delivered to his residential address with wrong name.. he would not know whether the name was wrong or address was wrong until he opened it...
Yes, but once he got to know about the mix up, informing icici is his civic duty. Just a email is enough.

It won't cost him anything, but it might help the intended recipient. & if some nasty situation arises out of this mix up,No one can point a finger to him.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yes, but once he got to know about the mix up, informing icici is his civic duty. Just a email is enough.

It won't cost him anything, but it might help the intended recipient. & if some nasty situation arises out of this mix up,No one can point a finger to him.
THat is true... He will / should intimate the ICICI about this goof up and make sure the damage is contained...

vijay.vj

TF Ace
THat is true... He will / should intimate the ICICI about this goof up and make sure the damageshould be contained...
Do you think ICICI gonna act on it?

Last month on 9th April, I requested ICICI for rupay platinum dc.
On 11th, I realized they issued me Sapphiro debit card... I informed them the same & asked them to not to charge fee for wrong DC.
I received card on 13th, which I didnt even touch. Was charged around 2.4K.
On 18th, they issued me rupay platinum and blocked Sapphiro DC.

They asked me to write a mail to my RM if I want DC charges reversal.

Fees got reversed on 5th May.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Do you think ICICI gonna act on it?

Last month on 9th April, I requested ICICI for rupay platinum dc.
On 11th, I realized they issued me Sapphiro debit card... I informed them the same & asked them to not to charge fee for wrong DC.
I received card on 13th, which I didnt even touch. Was charged around 2.4K.
On 18th, they issued me rupay platinum and blocked Sapphiro DC.

They asked me to write a mail to my RM if I want DC charges reversal.

Fees got reversed on 5th May.
Whether they act or not , we will see..
But as a Good Samaritan you need to inform them about this mix up. If they don’t respond then we go to twitter and show the world their irresponsible behaviour

Last edited: