• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Experian - New scoring method?!?!

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
The undue importance given to credit rating scores must have started when non-bankers have started deciding banking issues.

These stupid scores are indicators of the past. Not the future. How can these scores determine the future of a CC holder ? These scores have almost eliminated the role of a Banker - as only a banker estimates n predicts the financial wellbeing (or otherwise) of a borrower.

Strangely, till I took VRS from SBI in 2012, I never ever even bothered to know my credit scores. Good golden days.

Today, even before one's application is completed - online - these scores decide to proceed or drop the application mid-way.

As a Banker, I am extremely unhappy with this stupid n illogical trend.

bigbyte

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
The undue importance given to credit rating scores must have started when non-bankers have started deciding banking issues.

These stupid scores are indicators of the past. Not the future. How can these scores determine the future of a CC holder ? These scores have almost eliminated the role of a Banker - as only a banker estimates n predicts the financial wellbeing (or otherwise) of a borrower.

Strangely, till I took VRS from SBI in 2012, I never ever even bothered to know my credit scores. Good golden days.

Today, even before one's application is completed - online - these scores decide to proceed or drop the application mid-way.

Sir
As a banker you are better aware of how these finance world works but as a non banker let me put forward my thoughts.

These days every one is in the race of acquiring more number of customers while keeping NPA low. The credit score ratings while being indicators of past gives a glimpse of future also. A person who has used credit responsibly is more likely to maintain his behaviour in future also.

Same is followed in courts also. A repeat offender is given harsher sentence whereas a first time convict is dealt leniently.

I agree that a banker can estimate the financial well being much better, but in this fast finger first world time resources are at premium and banks are taking calculated risks.
For higher amount borrowings such as home loan, it is always a banker who does due diligence.

Online approval or rejection algorithm are always subject to some error and that's where human intervention can change the decision.

Sir, they let anyone become a banker these days. When people can't do anything else in life, they join a bank. I would rather trust an algorithm than someone interested in selling me ULIPs.

Can you inform us what criterea do "bankers" use to determine the future that is different from these scores? Can you tell us how many applications can a banker process in a day compared to these algorithms? Can you tell us if the slow paced working of these "bankers" is conducive to the sort of growth that banks expect these days?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
My credit score was 886. Got rationalised to 803 now. Still good I think. IMG_4990.jpeg
Very good, actually…
Now both in CIBIL and Experian anything above 800 is an excellent score more or less…
May be Experian is running about 10 points ahead of CIBIL to treat them at par…

Last edited:

Finoash

TF Buzz
Hi @SSV could you help me with my Amex application and guide me through few things. Could you dm me as I’m not allowed to start a conversation yet.

Reactions: SSV

asm07

TF Buzz
Looks like WhatsApp method is adding enquiry.
Yesterday, I used CRED, no enquiry.
Today, I used WhatsApp, new enquiry.
Only recently, probably after their migration to new calculation methods. I had checked earlier with WhatsApp, no enquiry happened but this month it did.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
I just refreshed it in Experian.. and my score went down to 810 from 813... just a meagre 3 points reduction.

Its fairly stable between 810 and 830 for the last one year.. you can see that in the graph below..

and CIBIL 802 ..

1712986752502.png
Pls share the url caus onescore app have 20 odd days so I can check.

Reactions: SSV

hema220

TF Premier
my experian score is reduced by 21 points last month while no change in cibil score. still more than cibil and waiting for this month refresh in one score app.

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.