• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Downgrade non LTF DCB to LTF regalia

arpitium

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hello,

I recently got Axis magnus card. I also hold DCB card which is not LTF. I dont plan to spend 5L on this card to get Annual fee waiver.
I tried to upgrade it to infinia but my last 6 months spend was not 7 lacs so it was rejected (All other criteria mentioned in the other thread met).

So now I am planning to downgrade it to LTF regalia card.
What is the process for this downgrade? And if it gets approved, how do I make it LTF?

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
You can downgrade to regalia FYF i doubt if they can offer LTF Regalia

My suggestion Please hold DCB for now .. Mangus or axis is not reliable at any point of day..and any day it might be devalued.

arpitium

TF Select
VIP Lounge
You can downgrade to regalia FYF i doubt if they can offer LTF Regalia

My suggestion Please hold DCB for now .. Mangus or axis is not reliable at any point of day..and any day it might be devalued.
If I dont spend 5lacs in the year and pay annual fee, do I get 10k smartbuy points?

Also, like I said, I meet other criteria for Infinia upgrade (Annual salary/ITR and card limit > 10lac). If Magnus gets devalued, I spend 5-7 lacs in regalia in 6 months and try again for Infinia upgrade). Would that make sense?

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
If I dont spend 5lacs in the year and pay annual fee, do I get 10k smartbuy points?

Also, like I said, I meet other criteria for Infinia upgrade (Annual salary/ITR and card limit > 10lac). If Magnus gets devalued, I spend 5-7 lacs in regalia in 6 months and try again for Infinia upgrade). Would that make sense?
No not with DCB But once you downgrade to Lower variant some time HDFC denies upgrade again

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hello,

I recently got Axis magnus card. I also hold DCB card which is not LTF. I dont plan to spend 5L on this card to get Annual fee waiver.
I tried to upgrade it to infinia but my last 6 months spend was not 7 lacs so it was rejected (All other criteria mentioned in the other thread met).

What is the process for this downgrade? And if it gets approved, how do I make it LTF?
First please ask them to make it LTF by telling you will close it out as they rejected your Infinia upgrade. See their reaction and decide.

What is your current annual cycle?

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Just checked with customer care, i have spent 3.1L so far. I guess i can spend 2L in 3 months with this card.
I am imperia customer.
I suggest to strongly push for LTF given your relationship with Bank. Please do not waste time with CC. Use your branch or RM (Best) or write to grievance/head of HNI banking. Generally they will budge if it is quarter end or year end as they don't want to lose a imperia customer.

arpitium

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I followed your advice and threatened to close the card.

To which they replied:

####
Dear Mr. Rathore,

This is with reference to your e-mail dated November 02 2022 addressed to our Principal Nodal Officer regarding your request for upgrade of the existing HDFC Bank Diners black credit card ending #xxxx to an Infinia metal credit card.

Basis your current representation, we have taken up for an appropriate review and shall respond to you by November 04, 2022. We request you to bear with us in the interim.
####

Lets see what they do.

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Hello,

you can request HDFC Bank to convert your paid DCB to LTF regalia/LTF millennia (better in my opinion), email their grievance team.
But they might reject your request

arpitium

TF Select
VIP Lounge
you can request HDFC Bank to convert your paid DCB to LTF regalia/LTF millennia (better in my opinion), email their grievance team.
But they might reject your request
Email chain:
1. Here are my documents, please upgrade. They replied we cant bacause its invite only and salary > xxx is required.
2. I replied, please check my salary slip, salary > xxx. They replied we still cant upgrade.
3. I replied i have better alternative and I cannot afford 10k annual fees, so i have no option but to close the card
4. They replied what I posted above

arpitium

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Email chain:
1. Here are my documents, please upgrade. They replied we cant bacause its invite only and salary > xxx is required.
2. I replied, please check my salary slip, salary > xxx. They replied we still cant upgrade.
3. I replied i have better alternative and I cannot afford 10k annual fees, so i have no option but to close the card
4. They replied what I posted above
This worked. They accepted Infinia upgrade 😍😍

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
I am also pushing same but in a different way.... I got tata neu plus card as my first hdfc card... I just wanted to enter the system... First

After delivery of card... I mailed customer care to provide me a Millenia ltf card along with tata neu card as many existing hdfc core card users have got tata neu card with shared limit.

They rejected my proposal... Then I forwarded my issue to grievance redressal team... They also replied that can't provide two cards.... Then I requested to downgrade( used this term as upgrade is something which they would show tantrums for.. So used the term downgrade) my card to ltf millenia.... Now they have taken up the request with a service number.... Lets see what happens....

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
I am also pushing same but in a different way.... I got tata neu plus card as my first hdfc card... I just wanted to enter the system... First

After delivery of card... I mailed customer care to provide me a Millenia ltf card along with tata neu card as many existing hdfc core card users have got tata neu card with shared limit.

They rejected my proposal... Then I forwarded my issue to grievance redressal team... They also replied that can't provide two cards.... Then I requested to downgrade( used this term as upgrade is something which they would show tantrums for.. So used the term downgrade) my card to ltf millenia.... Now they have taken up the request with a service number.... Lets see what happens....
Baba how Millenia is better than tata neu you upto 10% on all tata brand ..melenia is basic entry card

Reactions: SDK