• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does Credit Card companies store Aadhaar data?

Dexter

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Suppose I own a credit card from a certain bank. I do not have any savings/current account with them. Do they store my Aadhar Data (since it was used at the time of issuing the card)?

sunnyhere

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
All financial services who issue Credit cards are required by RBI to follow proper KYC procedure. If you have done kyc using your adhaar, your adhaar data will remain with them.

Dexter

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
All financial services who issue Credit cards are required by RBI to follow proper KYC procedure. If you have done kyc using your adhaar, your adhaar data will remain with them.
Yes, I agree, but If I have done KYC using virtual id, would that still be the case?

yolofino

TF Premier
Suppose I own a credit card from a certain bank. I do not have any savings/current account with them. Do they store my Aadhar Data (since it was used at the time of issuing the card)?
AFAIK banks (& other entities too, forget lazy govt. depts here) are not allowed to store the Aadhaar "number" anywhere.

If you have used the 12-digit Aadhaar no. in any bank, email them to delete such. In most cases, they would have already deleted it but it's worth the try.

16-digit VID is no use to them as one can keep generating new VID numbers. So no need to do anything in such cases.