• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Do you use Cred? Why? Why not?

swiftlysingh

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Just wondering if people here use cred to analyse/pay their credit card and other bills?

I used to use cred to analyse my spends but recently removed access to my email for cred due to privacy concerns. I still use cred to pay my credit card bills because of fast settlement. But use HDFC smart pay for all my utility bills. I find Cred’s points very useless so I don’t stress about gaining more.

I am wanting to learn if people uses cred? If not then why and have you find any replacement for analysing your credit card spends?

anish1516

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes I use cred and use it to the extent that I closed my Amex card because Cred was not picking up the Amex statement from my email.
The reason I use is because I have about 13-14 cards. And without cred it’s impossible for me to keep a track of all the statements. ( No I can’t make an excel and do data entry).
Also with cred I can quickly check my spends on each card. The offers section is very usable, I just go and search BookMyShow and it shows all the cards having offers on BookMyShow.
The cred coins are utterly useless but now I have like 40 Lakh coins so I play random spin games 😂. also sometimes there are some deals. I got 6 tender coconut water for 99 bucks.
Also now I strongly believe privacy is a myth. Jab whatsapp se kuch nahi chupa sakte to Gmail par kya hi chupane k liye 😂

swiftlysingh

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Yes I use cred and use it to the extent that I closed my Amex card because Cred was not picking up the Amex statement from my email.
The reason I use is because I have about 13-14 cards. And without cred it’s impossible for me to keep a track of all the statements. ( No I can’t make an excel and do data entry).
Also with cred I can quickly check my spends on each card. The offers section is very usable, I just go and search BookMyShow and it shows all the cards having offers on BookMyShow.
The cred coins are utterly useless but now I have like 40 Lakh coins so I play random spin games 😂. also sometimes there are some deals. I got 6 tender coconut water for 99 bucks.
Also now I strongly believe privacy is a myth. Jab whatsapp se kuch nahi chupa sakte to Gmail par kya hi chupane k liye 😂
I completely agree that privacy is a myth especially in india, when our adhaar cards are linked to everything and it has so many vulnerabilities. I was also completely okay with cred having access to my email but when I thought about it and realised cred can read all of my incoming emails it become a little spooky.

It is one level that there is no privacy and it is another realising that every communication (business/personal) on my email can be read by a third party.

Also Whatsapp communications are end to end encrypted if you’re texting a non-business entity.

anish1516

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I completely agree that privacy is a myth especially in india, when our adhaar cards are linked to everything and it has so many vulnerabilities. I was also completely okay with cred having access to my email but when I thought about it and realised cred can read all of my incoming emails it become a little spooky.

It is one level that there is no privacy and it is another realising that every communication (business/personal) on my email can be read by a third party.

Also Whatsapp communications are end to end encrypted if you’re texting a non-business entity.
Regarding this whatsapp. I always knew that these Meta apps are always listening to us so I had denied microphone access to FB, Insta and Whatsapp so I received random ads. Last week I turned it on and was discussing some random thing with my friend (F2F) and started getting ads for that product.
I agree sometimes it makes me uncomfortable aswell to let a third party read my mails but IndMoney, Cred etc are now kind of part of my daily routine so I have closed my eyes to security issues.

akshayhs

TF Ace
Used to. Haven't used it to pay credit card bills for some time now. INDMoney does pretty much what cred was in the first place. Wanted to consolidate all financial actions in one place.

NewUser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Just wondering if people here use cred to analyse/pay their credit card and other bills?

I used to use cred to analyse my spends but recently removed access to my email for cred due to privacy concerns. I still use cred to pay my credit card bills because of fast settlement. But use HDFC smart pay for all my utility bills. I find Cred’s points very useless so I don’t stress about gaining more.

I am wanting to learn if people uses cred? If not then why and have you find any replacement for analysing your credit card spends?
Using it sparingly. Probably the only place where I get a ₹5/- or ₹10/- cashback on paying my HDFC CC bill.

ltf4ever

TF Ace

No.
data privacy issues.
useless cred coins.
3rd party app so i don't want to risk money getting stuck due to their technical issues.
there is no value that i can get from cred, that a simple recurring calendar reminder can't give.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge

why:
thats the only way i think to load fastag via CC without charges (paytm fastag 10k per month anyone know any other recharge app/portal with cc without charges pls reply).
why not:
access to sms and email where OTPs also received and card nos already saved in cred so if cred got hack its a risk of big chunk

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

For the privacy thing, Create a separate email and create a filter in your primary email.
The filter is to forward any mail coming from let's say cc.statements@axisbank.com
to your secondary mail. Add all bank statement ids to this filter, now everything is automated.

Now give Cred access to your secondary mail.

Don't give SMS permission

Email list

pnbcreditcard@pnb.co.in
Statements@sbicard.com
cc.statements@axisbank.com
credit_cards@icicibank.com
Emailstatements.cards@hdfcbank.net
ebill@bobfinancial.com
statement@idfcfirstbank.com
creditcard.estatements@indusind.com
fedmail@federalbank.co.in
cardstatement@kotak.com
estatement@sbmbank.co.in
estatement@yesbank.in
cardstatements@rblbank.com
Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 6.50.54 PM.png Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 6.51.34 PM.png

Last edited:

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
For the privacy thing, Create a separate email and create a filter in your primary email.
The filter is to forward any mail coming from lets say statements@icicibank.com to your secondary mail. Add all banks statement ids to this filter, now everything is automated.

Now give Cred access to your secondary mail.

Don't give sms permission
will there option asked while registration for no permission for mail and sms?
asking for those who dont want cred for reminding cc bills but for some recharge options

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
It's only in the first run. I installed CRED first and reverted access before syncing SMS and Contacts.
Email is optional I believe. SMS was mandatory. Not an issue if the device is iPhone
yes am on iOS, sure will take care of permissions
also parallelly looking for using proton mail which i use for personal things other than banking (if cred accepts:D)

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
why:
thats the only way i think to load fastag via CC without charges (paytm fastag 10k per month anyone know any other recharge app/portal with cc without charges pls reply).
why not:
access to sms and email where OTPs also received and card nos already saved in cred so if cred got hack its a risk of big chunk
All saved cards are tokenized, so problem even if cred gets hacked thanks to RBI

AsB

TF Ace
I use Cred, but only and only to manage my cards, and to get reminders for bill payments. I use multiple bill payment reminders like Google Tasks (3 different reminders for each bill payment date), Excel Sheet as used by Sumanta Da, and my own site, that I created (work is going on). Even then, since Credit Card is well, Credit Card, I leave no chances.
However, I do not use it for bill payments, especially never use it when bills are above Rs 20,000/- .Reasons :-

• bots have replaced customer care. It's okay, but not when you need serious help with transactions
  • sometimes, the payments do not pass through, especially when the transaction values are high.
  • they do not have even proper email support. If your money is lost, you are done.
  • It is very very difficult to view transaction history.
I don't care about cashbacks on bill payments. I want an app, where I can manage my cards, pay my bills (safely) and live stress free when I have to manage 7 cards (more on the way).

0b110

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I use Cred, but only and only to manage my cards, and to get reminders for bill payments. I use multiple bill payment reminders like Google Tasks (3 different reminders for each bill payment date), Excel Sheet as used by Sumanta Da, and my own site, that I created (work is going on). Even then, since Credit Card is well, Credit Card, I leave no chances.
However, I do not use it for bill payments, especially never use it when bills are above Rs 20,000/- .Reasons :-

• bots have replaced customer care. It's okay, but not when you need serious help with transactions
  • sometimes, the payments do not pass through, especially when the transaction values are high.
  • they do not have even proper email support. If your money is lost, you are done.
  • It is very very difficult to view transaction history.
I don't care about cashbacks on bill payments. I want an app, where I can manage my cards, pay my bills (safely) and live stress free when I have to manage 7 cards (more on the way).
Lot of good ideas. Especially the point where it is best to avoid for bigger transactions. I myself have Rs 10k stuck somewhere between cred and paytm and it was a pain to find someone in paytm and bbps to raise a complaint. Since this is not time sensitive and I have done using credit card, I am not too afraid of monitory loss, but the effort and time wasted for the followup is something I can do away with.

Reactions: AsB