• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Any one uses CRED FLASH ? Any point in using it?

dontpingme

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
It will show as loan in cibil report, it would be like amazon pay later or flipkart pay later if u have ever used them. They can reduce cibil in long term, so stay away from them.

Buy now pay later. It will show as a loan in your CIBIL. Stay away from these BNPL services.
It will show as loan in cibil report, it would be like amazon pay later or flipkart pay later if u have ever used them. They can reduce cibil in long term, so stay away from them.
I will, I've had Amzaon pay later since 2019 but not once used. Last month the tht amazon pay later account got closed, it's now saying enable pay later again, guessing the 3 years I've had not used they closed the account.

The mere fact I've already opted into cred flash a bad thing if I don't use it at all? Or should I contact cred and ask the to close my cred flash account?

dontpingme

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Its not bad per se if u use it regularly and repay it at bill generation, but it long term close it as it would not be much beneficial. Even i also had amazon pay later which i opened for getting discounts in early days but later didnt use and it got dormant. Around 6 mnths back i closed it and can see my cibil score going up.

This is my point of view let others also comment their views.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Buy now pay later. It will show as a loan in your CIBIL. Stay away from these BNPL services.
+1, strongly agree with this statement...

In general, this BNPL does more harm than good... We need to be extremely attentive using this service for a longer period, one small mistake, will dent the credit score in a big way..
Better to stay away from any BNPL service...

raniphore

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I will, I've had Amzaon pay later since 2019 but not once used. Last month the tht amazon pay later account got closed, it's now saying enable pay later again, guessing the 3 years I've had not used they closed the account.

The mere fact I've already opted into cred flash a bad thing if I don't use it at all? Or should I contact cred and ask the to close my cred flash account?
Better to ask the support team to close the flash account. I asked them to close my CRED cash which was reflecting as personal loan in CIBIL. I too had amazon pay later and later requested them to close it. I have now removed every BNPL loans from my CIBIL and reduced the number of loans drastically. It gives peace of mind. :D

raniphore

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Always check the CIBIL report for any unwanted loans showing up. I always keep a tab on the loan section of CIBIL.

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Better to ask the support team to close the flash account. I asked them to close my CRED cash which was reflecting as personal loan in CIBIL. I too had amazon pay later and later requested them to close it. I have now removed every BNPL loans from my CIBIL and reduced the number of loans drastically. It gives peace of mind. :D
Correct sir, PEACE of MIND is more valuable than agains these little no of loans to take care of...
All these facilities should ease our life, not the other way around...