• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Diners Privilege to Diners Black

AJ331

TF Select
I was recently approved for Diners Privilege Life Time Free credit limit 5 lakh (under the scheme in which they give it free for alumni from certain premier educational institutes in the country
I didn't get DCB since I don't have net income >1.75.
However I can show ITR >21 lpa.

How can I get this upgraded to DCB?
I have an FD with >4 lakh with HDFC and a salary account with monthly salary remittance of 1.6 lakh

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Just visit any nearest branch and talk to person who handles credit card. If you qualify, it will be easy.
Asking you to visit the branch because RMs are pretty useless and won't entertain your queries very well.
Also the guy at my nearest branch gave 1 weird condition that your home and office address should be within 200Km to apply for DCB LTF.
I hope you fulfil this requirement too.

Last edited:

dhshankar

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I was recently approved for Diners Privilege Life Time Free credit limit 5 lakh (under the scheme in which they give it free for alumni from certain premier educational institutes in the country

I have an FD with >4 lakh with HDFC and a salary account with monthly salary remittance of 1.6 lakh
where do you locate ? I just called sales manager(Bangalore) giving your scenario and she mentioned that you can be upgraded to Diners Black as LTF.. Can you tell what is your educational institution (which IIM)

Last edited:

AJ331

TF Select
I am located in Kerala, my institute is not an IIM but is is part of the scheme for premier institutes for which they give LTF DCB and Diners Privilege

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Nope.. I gave these details to HDFC manager and asked for eligibility , and got it confirmed
As you these many contacts, do you have idea that this 200Km rule is also there?
Its like my address and workplace has to be within 200Km to get DCB LTF?
Wasted 1 month in doing this address change formalities :(

chdguy1980

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

@AJ331 - was it a new Diners Privelege CC that you got or an upgrade from any existing CC? was it your first HDFC CC?

chdguy1980

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
new Diners Privilege CC and this was my first HDFC credit card
@AJ331 what was the process to apply for the Diners Card under Premier Institute program. I understand they ask for degree certificate / Id card of college in their premier institute list, but is there an online application process? Branch people seem to be unaware about this.

Please let us know the process that you followed.

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
@AJ331 what was the process to apply for the Diners Card under Premier Institute program. I understand they ask for degree certificate / Id card of college in their premier institute list, but is there an online application process? Branch people seem to be unaware about this.

Went to branch with attested copies of office id card, degree, pay slips(last 3 months) and he filled the necessary details card upgrade form, ask me to sign at few places and thats it. He said he will completely fill the form using my account details later.
But still I really don't know where exactly he filled that 'Premier Institute program' thing on the form.
Also he did look for office address on either id card or payslip for that 200km rule thing.

chdguy1980

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
new Diners Privilege CC and this was my first HDFC credit card
@AJ331
what was the process to apply for a NEW Diners Card under Premier Institute program when you did not hold any existing HDFC CC. I understand they ask for degree certificate / Id card of college in their premier institute list, but is there an online application process? Branch people seem to be unaware about this.