• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB Diners Club Tools and Travel App - Priority pass Digital membership

haroldh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have a DCB card. While logging in Diners Club Tools and Travel app in the personalized section, I am being redirected to priority pass account. If I enter my card details there will I be charged?

Diners Club FAQ is unclear, HDFC bank Customer Care says Priority pass is anyway not required. So just wanted to understand if I will be charged or not?

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    24.7 KB · Views: 189
  • Screenshot_2023-05-10-16-23-54-54_554e6e1c17b34499e1009b5930d2bc1b.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-10-16-23-54-54_554e6e1c17b34499e1009b5930d2bc1b.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 184
  • Screenshot_2023-05-10-16-23-43-64_554e6e1c17b34499e1009b5930d2bc1b.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-10-16-23-43-64_554e6e1c17b34499e1009b5930d2bc1b.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 185

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Does it mean there are rupay cards with 14 digits? Or by bin, u only mean first 8 digits?
No, Discover/Diners issue all Ranges of BIN and 14 to 19 digits credit card numbers but RuPay issue only 16 digit Discover global credit cards -

Download BIN Ranges - Discover® Global Network - https://www.discoverglobalnetwork.c...en_us/dgn/docs/IPP-VAR-Enabler-Compliance.pdf

Merchants, Acquirers, and Processors must support between a minimum 14-digit (for the 36xx IIN Range) and up to 19-digit Primary Account Numbers (PANs). Merchants, Acquirers, and Processors also must support up to 8-digit Personal Identification Numbers (PINs). IIN Ranges supported on the Discover® Global Network in North America:

xdfsed.jpg

a. These JCB IIN Ranges shall be enabled only by Merchants, Acquirers, or their Processors in connection with Merchant relationships, POS Devices or otherwise, within the Merchant’s, Acquirer’s and/or Processor’s Authorized Jurisdictions in accordance with the designated Operating Regulations (section: Transaction Processing and Card Acceptance Requirements), subject to Agreements, where applicable.

b. The minimum PAN length for this IIN Range (3600 0000 to 3699 9999) is 14 digits.

c. These IIN Ranges 6210 9400 to 6210 9499 (UnionPay of China) are for production testing only and are not permitted to consumers for purchasing purposes.

d. These UnionPay IIN Ranges shall be enabled only by Merchants, Acquirers, or their Processors in connection with Merchant relationships, POS Devices or otherwise, within the Merchant’s, Acquirer’s and/or Processor’s Authorized Jurisdictions in accordance with the designated Operating Regulations (section: Transaction Processing and Card Acceptance Requirements), subject to Agreements, where applicable.

_ayush

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yep, I always use same card multiple times in case of long layover.

It even works for multiple swipe back to back. But there are chances that bank may detect it as misuse or gues visit. So I avoid that.

Interesting that it didn't work for domestic access. I thought I read someone mentioned in this thread that he used for domestic access and didn't get charged after 6 months also.

If it doesn't work, then it's just a convinience that u don't have to carry physical card for international access and other than that, it's just same account, as even past international visits using card are showing up in pp account.
DCB uses Dreamfolks for domestic lounges and PP for internaltional lounges only. So this behaviour makes sense now.

sahil624

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi all, I am to travel internationally in a few days. I have DCB and got my wife add on card. So will the both cards provide access for international lounge at Mumbai airport?

Also, which is the best lounge at Mumbai airport, which one should I go for?
Thanks.

As per the updated rule for DC Privilege card, we get 2 international/domestic lounge access per quarter if 15k is spent in previous quarter. I had spent 15k in previous quarter and used my DCP card in 2 international lounges last week and made sure to ask at counter if its eligible for complimentary access. It worked fine.

Now when I see the app, i can still see 2 complimentary domestic access available, ideally it should be 0 since I used it twice for international right? Now i am worried if i will be charged in coming months for it?

Also can I activate PP as suggested above and see my transaction history and access available.

CCUser_1999

TF Premier
Hi all, I am to travel internationally in a few days. I have DCB and got my wife add on card. So will the both cards provide access for international lounge at Mumbai airport?

Thanks.
You will access on both cards. Not sure on best lounge, will let someone else answer that.

Card_Maddy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
When you open the lounge section on the App, it will ask if you want to Register for the Airport Loung and Travel Program.
  1. Click on Register
  2. It will redirect you to the Priority Pass registration page within the app. Register on PP.
  3. After verification of the account, enter your DCB card details in the "Access lounge with bank card" (or similar) option.
  4. Once done, I think it took 2-3 days for it to activate.
  5. When you download and log in using the same credentials in the Priority Pass app, you'll see unlimited access under your account.
If anyone wants to, please try this and share your experience here.
Hi sorry noob here but in mine it is just showing dreamfolks and in my hdfc it is showing DCB Domestic is this ok or i wont be able go access lounges in international airports out of india i mean.

Card_Maddy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
As per the updated rule for DC Privilege card, we get 2 international/domestic lounge access per quarter if 15k is spent in previous quarter. I had spent 15k in previous quarter and used my DCP card in 2 international lounges last week and made sure to ask at counter if its eligible for complimentary access. It worked fine.

Now when I see the app, i can still see 2 complimentary domestic access available, ideally it should be 0 since I used it twice for international right? Now i am worried if i will be charged in coming months for it?

Also can I activate PP as suggested above and see my transaction history and access available.
New T&C ?? I got same on my debit card imperia holder but t&c is min 5k spend in last quarter

Yes

Thanks.
The absolute best one is the Travelclub lounge. By best, I mean it's the only one you get access to. :)

hello11

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Do we get digotal priority pass with DCB add on cards as well? Anybody tried?
I had an interesting case. I have an add-on DCB which was used in an international lounge recently before I registered on PP website. Now the name on digital priority pass is automatically matching add-on cardholder name and I'm unable to change it - since card number, cvv and expiry are all same and it gets usage history from previous visit.

I'll use my physical DCB next month in an international lounge and see if the name changes on digital PP as well.

csantosh15

TF Buzz
I had an interesting case. I have an add-on DCB which was used in an international lounge recently before I registered on PP website. Now the name on digital priority pass is automatically matching add-on cardholder name and I'm unable to change it - since card number, cvv and expiry are all same and it gets usage history from previous visit.

I'll use my physical DCB next month in an international lounge and see if the name changes on digital PP as well.
Not sure why only HDFC provides addon Cards with the same number as Primary card. That's what is causing such confusion. No other bank does that. Same case with the Dreamfolks domestic web access as well for HDFC addon cards.

Can we use both DCB and Digital Priority pass together in international lounge ? Also can someone guide me how to get Digital priority pass from DCB for free ? I guess this was free right ?

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Can we use both DCB and Digital Priority pass together in international lounge ? Also can someone guide me how to get Digital priority pass from DCB for free ? I guess this was free right ?
DCB and digital priority pass are same thing and linked. And since there is unlimited lounge access, u can swipe any number of items individually or together.

U can't use for others though, as they match with boarding pass properly.

silent.night

TF Buzz
DCB and digital priority pass are same thing and linked. And since there is unlimited lounge access, u can swipe any number of items individually or together.

U can't use for others though, as they match with boarding pass properly.

In general, do intl lounges require just the one person with two cards to have a boarding pass with their name in order to accept the second card for a companion, or are they strict about requiring each person in the group to have a card+boarding pass with their respective names?

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
In general, do intl lounges require just the one person with two cards to have a boarding pass with their name in order to accept the second card for a companion, or are they strict about requiring each person in the group to have a card+boarding pass with their respective names?
U can't use ur card for others. Card name and boarding pass must match. U can add others as guest though. Magnus/Reserve pp has 8/12 free guest accesses.

For kids, sometimes they allow using ur card. Sometimes not. (And this is where magnus pp beats Infinia pp, as u can't get addon card for kids, but with magnus u can add them as guests).

Last edited: