• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Digital account, Zero balance with UPI account

bengaltiger

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello ,

One of my friend will be back India.
He doesn't have any account with UPI.

So he wants to open an account digitally and want to avail UPI.

Please suggest.
Also without much calls from Banker or agent

UPDATE:
kotak 811, AU , fed selfie looking good for new online ZERO balance account.

Last edited:

insight

TF Ace
Quoting from the PDF-
# RuPay Domestic Platinum CHIP Debit Card is free for Senior
Citizens/BSBDA/Salary Account holders.
So there seems to be some online process to apply for Accounts, not sure if it includes BSBDA via online. Any ideas?

Is there some eligibility restriction to apply for BSBDA accounts?

insight

TF Ace
1. No idea in yes bank..
Just got local number via Just Dial called and they said can be done in branch, but said also possible online (yet to try and confirm).
2. Yes, should not have any bsbda account across any banks
She said not have any accounts, does it mean NO other accounts in YES or ANYWHERE or only NO BSBDA ANYWHERE + no YES ACs also. ?

AritraSaha

TF Legend
Just got local number via Just Dial called and they said can be done in branch, but said also possible online (yet to try and confirm).

She said not have any accounts, does it mean NO other accounts in YES or ANYWHERE or only NO BSBDA ANYWHERE + no YES ACs also. ?
1 bsbda account across all the bank.

insight

TF Ace
1 bsbda account across all the bank.
Dropped by branch and talked to someone, was told BSBDA is only for anyone who has NO ACCOUNT AT ALL across ANY BANKS.
PS: I am guessing Kind of like a FINANCIAL INCLUSION incentive.

Kinda contrary to what you're saying and I wonder which is really the "POLICY" versus what either of you guys know.

Any others here who've opened a BSBDA / Actual Zero Balance account after having other Bank ACs?

AritraSaha

TF Legend
Dropped by branch and talked to someone, was told BSBDA is only for anyone who has NO ACCOUNT AT ALL across ANY BANKS.

Kinda contrary to what you're saying and I wonder which is really the "POLICY" versus what either of you guys know.

Any others here who've opened a BSBDA / Actual Zero Balance account after having other Bank ACs?
Lol, thats not the policy..

My mom opening a bsdba account few months back, (in bob) after having sbi , hdfc classic & icici bank account..

Mostly private bank don't want to open bsdba account..

insight

TF Ace
Mostly private bank don't want to open bsdba account..
I'd say you're right on that, so thats why I was told it will take a while and she cant find the account code etc.
Since its a cost center and no benefit for them I can imagine and /or they purposely dont teach their staff about it.
Either way, they dont want so lets find LEVERAGE & RBI Mandate to force them.
Lol, thats not the policy..
Can you please share some kind of policy doc/ something that I can put in front of them or email them and have in writing that doesnt let them escape VERBALLY with excuses? That way I have them dead center.
My mom opening a bsdba account few months back, (in bob) after having sbi , hdfc classic & icici bank account..
Exactly why please guide us with correct "doc" that pushes them into a corner to have to acknowledge and proceed.

AritraSaha

TF Legend
I'd say you're right on that, so thats why I was told it will take a while and she cant find the account code etc.
Since its a cost center and no benefit for them I can imagine and /or they purposely dont teach their staff about it.

Can you please share some kind of policy doc/ something that I can put in front of them or email them and have in writing that doesnt let them escape VERBALLY with excuses? That way I have them dead center.

Exactly why please guide us with correct "doc" that pushes them into a corner to have to acknowledge and proceed.
Just complaint this on Twitter, x ; they will open a account for you..

WinSuperb7251

TF Select

I have bsbda account, while also having many other bank account. You can't open the bsbda account in the bank you have any other saving account.

WinSuperb7251

TF Select

Just show the private banks their own website mentioning about the bsbda account.

insight

TF Ace
I have bsbda account, while also having many other bank account. You can't open the bsbda account in the bank you have any other saving account.
Exactly, That's what I gauged from reading online as well as various bank sites. She claimed for it to be different.
Just show the private banks their own website mentioning about the bsbda account.
I'll need something with a bit more PUSH for her/ them to drop their DEFLECTIVE game.

Its on way to my local hospital visits so I'd like to make my next visit "PRODUCTIVE" :)

Can we be a bit more LEVERAGED on top of them somehow?

AritraSaha

TF Legend
Exactly, That's what I gauged from reading online as well as various bank sites. She claimed for it to be different.

I'll need something with a bit more PUSH for her/ them to drop their DEFLECTIVE game.

Its on way to my local hospital visits so I'd like to make my next visit "PRODUCTIVE" :)

Can we be a bit more LEVERAGED on top of them somehow?
There is one more zero balance account in yesbank ( which i have open), but it will not give you the free rupay platinum. Though it can be open online..