• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Digital account, Zero balance with UPI account

bengaltiger

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello ,

One of my friend will be back India.
He doesn't have any account with UPI.

So he wants to open an account digitally and want to avail UPI.

Please suggest.
Also without much calls from Banker or agent

UPDATE:
kotak 811, AU , fed selfie looking good for new online ZERO balance account.

Last edited:

bengaltiger

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I checked with branch manager and she is telling only for student.
Most likely that's the case and they want to avoid it really.

Maybe few exception possible.
if any of you have some contact in idfc please let me know, I will check if they can open the account.

Last edited:

LJGIBBS

TF Ace
I checked with branch manager and she is telling only for student.
Most likely that's the case and they want to avoid it really.

Maybe few exception possible.
if any of you have some contact in idfc please let me know, I will check if they can open the account.
You can say this to your BM that in eligibility it says graduate and post graduate. Undergraduate is not mentioned, and you are a graduate.

Btw, which city are you from, I may share you contact of the agent who opened mine

kjs

TF Premier
There has been a massive fiasco surrounding the BoB World app.

Bank staff had targets to meet for getting some party bonuses and stuff, so they added their numbers to accounts that didn't have linked numbers, and also took SIM cards of customers with feature phones to activate the app on their own phones.

RBI ordered a block of new onboarding.
Yes. So i pointed it out

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
There has been a massive fiasco surrounding the BoB World app.

Bank staff had targets to meet for getting some party bonuses and stuff, so they added their numbers to accounts that didn't have linked numbers, and also took SIM cards of customers with feature phones to activate the app on their own phones.

RBI ordered a block of new onboarding.
BoB mat hi karna. BoB world app agar naye device se bhi sign up karo toh pehle netbanking pe jaake de-register karna padta hai. Ab na purane device pe app chal rha hai na naye wale pe. 😂

Trust Me

TF Ace
Generally you want SMS alert for debit transaction to be on safe side.

If only .... !

My experience with many banks is that, while the intention is good, the actual execution often fails big time! While the alerts are supposed to come immediately in order to serve the intended purpose, often the alerts actually come hours, even days, later, -- or even not at all ! One bank (of which I am a premium customer) typically missed sending the actual alerts, but never missed warning me that the alerts could be charegeable (which I've learnt to take as alerts that some transaction had happened)!

Talking to some BMs gave me the impression that the problem lies with their back end, and apparently is not on the banks' priority lists to actually provide a functional facility! It is seemingly provided only on the behest of the RBI, and the matter ends there!