• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB International Lounge Access : Priority Pass Required?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harshdb

TF Buzz
Hello Folks , Do i need to apply/request for a priority pass If I need to access international lounge through my DCB Card

Niue1918

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Are all lounges in Delhi closed for DCB ?
No, this website shows closed. All lounges listed on the website are open. With DCB, you can enter Plaza Premium reserved section on T3, this section is only for Amex, Priority Pass and DCB. Vistara also uses this for their Business class passengers. No difference in amenities but less crowded.

jayks

TF Select
VIP Lounge
There is just one problem with DCB that you won't find with Priority Pass. If you and an add-on holder (or multiple add-on holders) try to access the same lounge together, it will not be possible and only one card can be swiped successfully. The lounge people will tell you that their system is not allowing individual access due to the same card number on primary+addons. I've had to face this embarrassing situation 3 times (one in India), and had to use other cards for access. So keep this in mind if you're planning on using DCB to access lounges together with family members. Even though HDFC touts on their website that DCB has lounge access for primary+addon, the reality is different.

I did not face this problem with Regalia (PP) even though the PP had the same numbers for primary and add-on, they were able to swipe them separately without any issues.

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
There is just one problem with DCB that you won't find with Priority Pass. If you and an add-on holder (or multiple add-on holders) try to access the same lounge together, it will not be possible and only one card can be swiped successfully. The lounge people will tell you that their system is not allowing individual access due to the same card number on primary+addons. I've had to face this embarrassing situation 3 times (one in India), and had to use other cards for access. So keep this in mind if you're planning on using DCB to access lounges together with family members. Even though HDFC touts on their website that DCB has lounge access for primary+addon, the reality is different.

I did not face this problem with Regalia (PP) even though the PP had the same numbers for primary and add-on, they were able to swipe them separately without any issues.
Haan even I have watched some YouTube videos it's right..

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

This issue is happening due to HDFC policy and not because of DCB. If you take a close look you will find that all HDFC card numbers are same for primary and add-on card holders, just name is different.

So if you swipe DCB for primary card holder and try to swipe again for add-on then the system will detect that you are trying to swipe on rapid succession which will prevent the second swipe to pass through.

In Infinia both Primary and add-on card number is same too but in Priority Pass card number is different so it will go through without hassle.

No banks in India has this policy of assigning same card number for Primary & Add-on card holders which is really weird.

jayks

TF Select
VIP Lounge
This issue is happening due to HDFC policy and not because of DCB. If you take a close look you will find that all HDFC card numbers are same for primary and add-on card holders, just name is different.

So if you swipe DCB for primary card holder and try to swipe again for add-on then the system will detect that you are trying to swipe on rapid succession which will prevent the second swipe to pass through.

In Infinia both Primary and add-on card number is same too but in Priority Pass card number is different so it will go through without hassle.

No banks in India has this policy of assigning same card number for Primary & Add-on card holders which is really weird.
Exactly. Same explanation was given by lounge staff also. Which begs the question as to why HDFC has this stupid policy and how can they advertise primary+add on access with this limitation. Will write to their senior management about this.

Niue1918

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

I received conflicting answer to this add-on for DCB on a different thread. I have not used it myself and have also moved to Infinia so cannot test this myself. HDFC DCB Add-on Lounge Access

Status
Not open for further replies.