• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB add-on card lounge issue

jar89

TF Buzz
Recently I was in Azerbaijan airport lounge and used the add-on card of my wife for her entry and the virtual PP i created using DCB for myself and it was smooth.

The couple standing behind us also had DCB and they refused the add-on card saying that its the same card number, so only one of them could get in. I told him to do this virtual PP stuff but he was skeptical.

Anyhow, I wanted to check if anyone faced such an issue? Cos i swiped both the card with same number at delhi T3 lounge and it went through.

Firewing224

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
When you use first card and then 2nd, the terminal throws an error saying you are already in the lounge.

You will have to ask for Manager at the lounge. Explain / show to him that the names are different. which he can verify while swipping. He will also match them with boarding pass. Tell him to select "New entry" when the error shows up and the terminal will let you sign on and grant you entry.
Recently I was in Azerbaijan airport lounge and used the add-on card of my wife for her entry and the virtual PP i created using DCB for myself and it was smooth.

The couple standing behind us also had DCB and they refused the add-on card saying that its the same card number, so only one of them could get in. I told him to do this virtual PP stuff but he was skeptical.

Anyhow, I wanted to check if anyone faced such an issue? Cos i swiped both the card with same number at delhi T3 lounge and it went through.

lounges in India are knowledgeable. Also, Diners use the dreamfolks network when in India, hence you get charged 2 rupees. It does not give error of re-swipe to them. This is Priority Pass Terminal's problem.
HOWEVER, if they swipe on 2 terminals at the same time, only 1 will go through. You have to wait 30 seconds - 1 minute. (duplicate transaction swipe @ 2 terminals are flagged)