• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB DCB add-on cards shows error when used along with primary cards for international lounge access

demigox

TF Buzz
A few days ago, I was traveling from New Delhi to Kathmandu. I used my Diners Club Black credit card as well as 3 add-on cards to access Encalm Lounge and everything went smoothly.

However, yesterday on my journey back from Kathmandu to New Delhi is when I faced the issue. I went to the Executive Lounge and my card worked fine, however, when the second card was swiped it showed that there is already ongoing access from the same card. The receptionist refused to do the "New Check-In" on his terminal. However, he did allow me to take a seat with family members and asked me to try in another 15-20 minutes.

Even after 30 minutes of the first access, it showed the same error. However, this time he did proceed with the "New Check-In" on his terminal but it timed out thrice. I used my other card and my brother's card for the remaining access and the receptionist gave one access as complimentary.

Overall, this may be a lack of knowledge from the lounge team for refusing to do a "New Check-In" or maybe this is a technicality that HDFC Bank has played on that add-on card holders can access the lounge but not with someone else using it at the same time. Nonetheless, it was an embarrassing experience. I have asked HDFC Bank for clarification and the same with the Diners/Priority Pass team. I'll update the thread when I get any updates.

baxter

TF Buzz
How come with Diners black card you are using priority pass? Do I have to apply separately
If you ask HDFC for a Priority Pass for DCB cards, they'll tell you it's unavailable. However, Diners Club internally uses Priority Pass for international lounges. Download the Priority Pass app, register your DCB card, and after authorization, your digital Priority Pass should be visible.