• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Ekavya

TF Premier
"Currently this merchant is not accepting payment through credit cards, overdrafts or prepaid payments instruments on UPI."

I used to believe that a merchant has no option to disable Credit card UPI payment. One guy in this community (He has a merchant QR code) told me this. But today my upi transaction got declined saying the above statement. So my question is do they really have an option to disable credit card upi?

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
"Currently this merchant is not accepting payment through credit cards, overdrafts or prepaid payments instruments on UPI."

I used to believe that a merchant has no option to disable Credit card UPI payment. One guy in this community (He has a merchant QR code) told me this. But today my upi transaction got declined saying the above statement. So my question is do they really have an option to disable credit card upi?
Yes they have

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

They have & now merchants are aware of this. Many have already disabled & in some time you will see rupay becoming less useful compared to now.

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Above ₹2000 transactions, they have to pay for MDR fees and below that, it's free.

But to avoid complications, several merchants turn off the entire Credit Card UPI to save any fees that might be charged. All the payment processors - Gpay, Paytm, Phone and BharatPe offer this facility to turn it off. It's silly but that's what happens when they're unaware.

Don't get me wrong, it's not their fault either because these startups and old-age banks have charged them so much hidden fees that now they're scared to even try anything new that might charge them any fees so they start from experimenting!

Ekavya

TF Premier
They have & now merchants are aware of this. Many have already disabled & in some time you will see rupay becoming less useful compared to now.
For me the main advantage of having Rupay Credit card is to use it in those stores (small ones) that don't have POS machine. Most of the stores that i have seen don't support Credit UPI as they use personal account or there KYC isn't complete. And now if the remaining stores stop this feature then I don't see any reason to keepusing CC-UPI.

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
UPI on credit card is essentially dead. Most merchants have turned it off. Thye know that the person has the ability of pay via bank account on the same app. Hence no loss of sale to them.
true, almost dead now.
Only useful for some chai, cigarettes, milk type transactions . Soon these tapri-walas will also disable UPI CC and its over for Rupay UPI

Last edited:

Ekavya

TF Premier
Above ₹2000 transactions, they have to pay for MDR fees and below that, it's free.

But to avoid complications, several merchants turn off the entire Credit Card UPI to save any fees that might be charged. All the payment processors - Gpay, Paytm, Phone and BharatPe offer this facility to turn it off. It's silly but that's what happens when they're unaware.

Don't get me wrong, it's not their fault either because these startups and old-age banks have charged them so much hidden fees that now they're scared to even try anything new that might charge them any fees so they start from experimenting!
Yes You are right. Bank charges 2% fees + 18% GST on it. So the total Fees is 2.36%. So If I pay someone 10k they will lose 236₹. So from their perspective it's a lose making way.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

It works 80% .

For gpay it works .
If u don't get option try again

For bank qr it works ✨👉any high payment

For phone pe & paytm Sound box it works

For bharatpe it comes pre disabled.so might be issue.

Sometimes gpay has rupay issue bcz merchant is new or not takeing payment daily

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It works 80% .

For gpay it works .

I think you missed the point. He is saying merchants have stopped accepting payment via cc then doesn't matter which app you use, they will fail with error mentioned in post.
And merchants do have that option and they are exercising it now.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I think you missed the point. He is saying merchants have stopped accepting payment via cc then doesn't matter which app you use, they will fail with error mentioned in post.
And merchants do have that option and they are exercising it now.
Maybe in ultra high society..here it works seemlesly

sidp

TF Ace
I know of several merchants who don't accept CC on UPI, yet readily accept direct CC payments! Puzzled!
Of course. More middle men, so more people want a share of the pie. But no one want to take a smaller cut. So only option is to make a bigger pie.
Check out this article.

Akash Topder

TF Premier
It works 80% .

For gpay it works .

30-40% Phonepe QR does not work but yes most Phonepe sound box works