• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Personal UPI ID getting Preferred over Merchant ID.

Ekavya

TF Premier
Yesterday I was going to pay hospital fees by UPI. I asked them to give me their QR code. But instead of giving me QR code they gave me a phone number (Probably that of their Owner). Then I asked them about the QR codes that were pasted beside. (I verified that it was a merchant QR code.) They told me that the QR code wasn't working, won't work, bla bla bla. As I only use credit card UPI I preferred to pay via cash.

But then I have to pay medicine bill in their pharmacy. The same merchant QR code was pasted there and this time I paid using it and it worked.

In conclusion: many other factors may have worked here. But I think that businesses are preferring Personal UPI ID over Merchant UPI ID. What do you think?

Last edited:

shrewdoc

TF Ace
Yesterday I was going to pay hospital fees by UPI. I asked them to give me their QR code. But instead of giving me QR code they gave me a phone number (Probably that of their Owner). Then I asked them about the QR codes that were pasted beside. (I verified that it was a merchant QR code.) They told me that the QR code wasn't working, won't work, bla bla bla. As I only use credit card UPI I preferred to pay via cash.

But then I have to pay medicine bill from their pharmacy. The same merchant QR code was pasted there and this time I paid using it and it worked.

In conclusion: many other factors may have worked here. But I think that businesses are preferring Personal UPI ID over Merchant UPI ID. What do you think?
Won't work in long term. You can't use Personal Savings Accounts for Business large volume transactions, unless you change the account the money is deposited regularly. In doing so, your account is most likely on the risk of getting frozen soon.

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
Have seen this myself at a clinic nearby my place, doctors want to hide there income by not taking fees in their account and they give other personal account QR (mostly of hospital staff) when someone want to pay by upi

If paid in cash, it directly goes to doctor pocket and when paid to personal QRs its encashed and given to doctor or adjusted against staff salary

D₹V

TF Prestige
Have seen this myself at a clinic nearby my place, doctors want to hide there income by not taking fees in their account and they give other personal account QR (mostly of hospital staff) when someone want to pay by upi

If paid in cash, it directly goes to doctor pocket and when paid to personal QRs its encashed and given to doctor or adjusted against staff salary
Facts!!

I've faced this too.

Most of them don't have GST registration too & they don't give any receipt of consultation/paid fees.

Nadeemkh

TF Select
So here is thing why not rbi mandate these qr merchant companies that user must not be able to disable qr payments via credit card which falls under 2000 they are not being charged anyway so why not

Second thing baju ke kirana vala prefer persnol qr as money get deposited instantly unlike merchant credit card payment i heard from some merchant it gets settled next day in account for paytm next day morning 3 AM.

Doctors only accept cash in small town no qr no staff qr just plain cash fact but they can save on tax and have a lavish farm house or summer home.

People here thinks about getting infinia and old megnus for the return on their spend they almost save 30% on every spend i know many people who use cash on delivery or use other’s credit card during sale online and pay them in cash and they do not want white money to get debited remember thay are already saving lot via accepting un accounted cash payments