• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

MrJJ

TF Premier
Is the charge different for each QR Provider like GPAY, PhonePe etc.?

When I got my first Rupay CC I tried it on my friend's merchant qr (icici eazypay). I made a payment of ₹100 and when I checked his statement there were two transactions one for payment another for MDR which was ₹2.24

I took a photo of it and checked again just now. Transaction in the statement is following:
EZY/UPICCMDR_xxxxtxn_idxxxx

Ekavya

TF Premier

When I got my first Rupay CC I tried it on my friend's merchant qr (icici eazypay). I made a payment of ₹100 and when I checked his statement there were two transactions one for payment another for MDR which was ₹2.24

I took a photo of it and checked again just now. Transaction in the statement is following:
MDR is only levied when you make a transaction more than 2k. I don't know how can they charge MDR on a transaction of 100₹.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

Bharat pe 1.25 for many merchant categories. Like food processing

MrJJ

TF Premier
MDR is only levied when you make a transaction more than 2k. I don't know how can they charge MDR on a transaction of 100₹.
My friend said that Gpay, PhonePe, BharatPe has ₹2000 limit but Icici charges MDR no matter how small the amount is, don't know about others.

Nadeemkh

TF Select
But why they disbale it when there is no charge till 2000 shouldn’t ther be option to deny only fee lavied payments

AlphaCAT

TF Ace
Contributor
But why they disbale it when there is no charge till 2000 shouldn’t ther be option to deny only fee lavied payments
It’s not entirely true . My medical shop owner was lamented when I paid through Rupay CC . I told him it’s just 200 bucks and he won’t incur MDR charges but he then showed me his txn history in Paytm Merchant app and I can see the MDR charges as 1.99%+GST .

I surfed through the settlement and charges section in his app , unlike in my Paytm Merchant account, it wasn’t free till 2k rather 1.99% was being levied on Rupay CC UPI irrespective of the amount !!

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
It’s not entirely true . My medical shop owner was lamented when I paid through Rupay CC . I told him it’s just 200 bucks and he won’t incur MDR charges but he then showed me his txn history in Paytm Merchant app and I can see the MDR charges as 1.99%+GST .

I surfed through the settlement and charges section in his app , unlike in my Paytm Merchant account, it wasn’t free till 2k rather 1.99% was being levied on Rupay CC UPI irrespective of the amount !!
Yes right ..but this is bcz of apps not rupay

gauravbhati

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Experienced the same. Even merchants have turned it off manually. One dairy I used to make daily payment using rupay cc.. so after a few weeks he noticed the charges and all and shown to me that these all charges are levied bcz of you as no one else uses rupay cc here... I was shocked 🥲

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
My experience:

Jio Smart Bazaar disabled UPI on CC but accepts CC.
Jiomart delivery, UPI on CC is available.

Delhi Metro blocks UPI on CC but accepts CC, also adds 1% MDR after 2-3 days.
Delhi Metro accepts UPI on CC via Amazon Pay without MDR.
Amazon scan code ..? Accepting cc upi ?

Nadeemkh

TF Select
Experienced the same. Even merchants have turned it off manually. One dairy I used to make daily payment using rupay cc.. so after a few weeks he noticed the charges and all and shown to me that these all charges are levied bcz of you as no one else uses rupay cc here... I was shocked 🥲
My dairy guy also disabled rupay card didn't said this charges but he did it anyways.

Nadeemkh

TF Select
Then RBI NPCI should intervene here and ask them not to charge otherwise rupay will die slow death as most people only use it for upi.

gauravbhati

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My dairy guy also disabled rupay card didn't said this charges but he did it anyways.

The merchant might have levied extra fees from them.

Then RBI NPCI should intervene here and ask them not to charge otherwise rupay will die slow death as most people only use it for upi.

Merchants should complain, we as customers don't know the merchant end settlements so we can't.

Kumar93196

TF Ace
I am facing issues in my kotak league cc for upi payments.

Connected to customer and they are saying there is some server issue on going with kotak rupay cc I will be able to use my cc after 3 days
Any facing the same

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240208-113023.png
    Screenshot_20240208-113023.png
    56.4 KB · Views: 18

gauravbhati

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Connected to customer and they are saying there is some server issue on going with kotak rupay cc I will be able to use my cc after 3 days
Any facing the same
Nothing as such, just did transaction a few hours ago!

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer

Any facing the same
There is an ongoing Problem with Kotak CC UPI.

I think it is 50:50😂

For 50% working
For 50% Not Working.

Unsual technical issue in which few users facing issue of Account Blocked/Frozen.

MetaCredit

TF Neo
ICICI Coral Rupay card not allowing more than 2k payment via UPI getting error of Daily Limit reached set by bank please try again after 24 hrs or use diff account.
What is this mess if we are paying bank on time then what is sense of limiting the payment to 2k,
Banks killing UPI and Rupay CC system.
Any one know solution on this error? All the merchants accepting via Rupay CC on UPI but I am getting payment error.

ICICI Coral Rupay card not allowing more than 2k payment via UPI getting error of Daily Limit reached set by bank please try again after 24 hrs or use diff account.
What is this mess if we are paying bank on time then what is sense of limiting the payment to 2k,
Any one know solution on this error? All the merchants accepting via Rupay CC on UPI but I am getting payment error.
check per-txn limit set at imobile>cards>(rupay card)>manage card>set per-txn limit>online txn

Kumar93196

TF Ace
Try with different cc or different merchant each card has its limits