• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Complain Culture - New Form for CC

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Are we all falling down the deep dark hole of Complain Culture? Is this the new way of doing business or getting work done? Do all of you feel that escalations and complaining gets you what you want else it doesn't get done?

MD Desk / PNO / BM / RM and RBI and anyone else who we know of gets e-mailed for the smallest of disagreement.. I am thinking that we may be on the other side as well in our personal lives / jobs.. where someone is complaining about us to get their work done?? The SAD part is that is probably works which makes it justified.. Why cant we / all get it Right the first time? How does this impact our overall personalities in the long run? Cribbers, Cry Babies, Stubborn Children :)..Time will tell.. Does this get better or worse.. Maybe PMO will also get added :) just saying.....

Last edited:

bsc0008

TF Select
Contributor
I would like to view it different. The people who roam in these forums are like top 0.1% of the top 1% of the people who access the services. But when we compare this count with the overall people who get denied services by the banks, it'll be less only. Since we're seeing more & more new posts about the escalations/complaints we get a feeling that it's getting out of control :)

And for work getting done only when we complain, it's due to banks expanding rapidly & deploying people with less training to Customer facing roles which in turn causes more inefficiencies to the system.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Are we all falling down the deep dark hole of Complain Culture? Is this the new way of doing business or getting work done? Do all of you feel that escalations and complaining gets you what you want else it doesn't get done?

MD Desk / PNO / BM / RM and RBI and anyone else who we know of gets e-mailed for the smallest of disagreement.. I am thinking that we may be on the other side as well in our personal lives / jobs.. where someone is complaining about us to get their work done?? The SAD part is that is probably works which makes it justified.. Why cant we / all get it Right the first time? How does this impact our overall personalities in the long run? Cribbers, Cry Babies, Stubborn Children :)..Time will tell.. Does this get better or worse.. Maybe PMO will also get added :) just saying.....
Gov policy to appointed them to listen when their untrained employee can't do the job .
Which is good move..

reach2dpg

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If services are transparent, consistent and as per the guidelines most of the complaints won’t be necessary. Many of us are in some jobs where we can’t hide behind opaque company policies or “you can contact the customer care” type of statements.

Riya

TF Ace
its true that we are escalating complaints to nodal officers and RBI ombudsman for small things these days... but the standard of services provided by Indian banks as compared to foreign banks seems to be on opposite ends of spectrum....
In india, customer is seen with suspicion all the time and hence we also hesitate in being transparent with them....

One more thing....

It has become common n fashionable for anyone (without even the basic knowledge or prior experience) to goad n push every other chap into escalation. And, forgetting the concept of banker's discretion.

Result. In the flood of frivolous n silly escalations, the real genuine cases of deserving escalations are also getting ignored or getting buried.

Everyone wants Infinias n metals, zero accounts, LTFs, 2 dozen cards, zero charges but with lakhs of cash backs n preferential treatments... Despite not being eligible.

This is a recent trend - not good - but in fashion currently n yielding results for such cry babies.

This flood will vanish, if they make it mandatory of only physical copies of complaints. And, that too, only by registered post. No emails/fax copies.

Only then, serious n genuine will escalate n persue - by spending time n money.

After successful resolution, make the faulty branch pay for the postage charges.

Just imagine the load, complexity n wide reach....

20,000+ branches of SBI, 8,000+ branches of HDFC, 5000+ branches of Axis....
Millions of customers, billions of transactions - DAILY.

MrJJ

TF Premier
I think otherwise, if someone complains about something (whether big or small) and after complaining gets it done, then surely there's something wrong in the system that company admits and provided the product/service.

Every customer has the right to complain and get the service they registered for, after all these companies advertise about their best in class service.

Most of us here are people who tend to read the fine prints and get benefits according to that (you may call it loopholes).
While the companies do same by adding fine prints with intent to abuse the customer (you may call it business).

Sometimes it's also like bargaining, where you want to get best out of your business agreement with a company.

Continuing....

If the Escalation is successful, then the Head Office can directly debit the erring branch with the incurred charges - PLUS - a slab based penalty for giving deficient service to the customer. Unless such deterrent measure is there, the operating branch staff will continue to be whimsical. This is the opposite of giving incentives for meeting the targets. Because of such erratic working, branches are getting away without any reprimand. And, workload at NO/RNO/PNO is increasing manifold. When quantity goes beyond optimal, quality suffers - suffers badly. Forcing us to go to RBIO.

It is really sad to see a CC customer - with nearly 10 years of relation - not getting due weightage as compared to a 10-day old customer who gets priority in getting a Bank's best products n services - only because the latter is a crying baby n good in writing to every Tom, dick n Harry (right upto the MD) within the bank n outside of it.

It is high time for some corrective measures....

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
This flood will vanish, if they make it mandatory of only physical copies of complaints. And, that too, only by registered post. No emails/fax copies.

Only then, serious n genuine will escalate n persue - by spending time n money.
Nah this is wild suggestion..
When we can email PMO office & President office .. you want to postal 🙂..
Thats a one way but not forward way .

One who takes decisions in with whom the power lies at his discretion.

If u contact customer care ( they can't even jiggle out between their own backend team)

But if i complain PNO or nodal officer ..they can direct concerned team .

if my complaint can be done via customer care call why would i draft a mail to pno.

Ignore the banks, I have to escalate it to multiple levels just to get my Zomato refunds.

The frontline workers are either not having any transparency or they are not authorized to do a lot.

MrJJ

TF Premier
I think the so called AI ChatBots are also a reason for rise in email complaints.

Many banks and companies are deploying the stupid AI ChatBots which just simply copy paste the FAQs. Companies are making it harder and harder to get in touch with a human executive.

I think the so called AI ChatBots are also a reason for rise in email complaints.

Many banks and companies are deploying the stupid AI ChatBots which just simply copy paste the FAQs. Companies are making it harder and harder to get in touch with a human executive.
I agree!

The replies are more frustrating than the actual problem

techt

TF Legend
The problem lies with the banks 90% of times.
  1. False selling : recently there is a flood of threads where the agents promised some card and applied some other. These agents even made fake docs for those cards. In these cases highest point of escalation is the need of the time.
  2. Lame AI bots : What I have noticed here is, the bank bots don't have any intelligence. They are just replying based on some keywords. They are not better than any search engines. Most of the time I feel these bots so frustrating than a Linux command line prompts.
  3. Incompetent CS : Hardly they understand the problem and most of the times they can't even speak proper English. Anyone who has used SBI CC will understand this
  4. Taking granted : Some customers have 1-3 crores of TRV and still don't get the card or service they like. S/he has full rights to bombard PNOs and RBI.
The rest 10%, I agree people pestering them for CL enhancements , card upgrades. Even in this case, I don't think the banks are feeling overwhelmed but they feel they are being important.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I think otherwise, if someone complains about something (whether big or small) and after complaining gets it done, then surely there's something wrong in the system that company admits and provided the product/service.

Every customer has the right to complain and get the service they registered for, after all these companies advertise about their best in class service.

Most of us here are people who tend to read the fine prints and get benefits according to that (you may call it loopholes).
While the companies do same by adding fine prints with intent to abuse the customer (you may call it business).

Sometimes it's also like bargaining, where you want to get best out of your business agreement with a company.
RIP CRM.. Banks will get penalized more and more going forward and service will get worse as their systems will get overwhelmed..

Abhay Chauhan

TF Premier
Nowadays these banks are thinking themselves no lesser than a God. They are harassing the customers on many bases and want that customers pay them without uttering a word. But the reality is without customers they are just a roadside beggar.
If there are trained professionals on the backend team....customer support or branch officials and listen to the problem instead of justifying themselves to be correct. Then 80 percent of RbiO complaints will vanish.
When the both customer and bank officials collide then there is raise of the complaint to higher level in hope of getting resolution from higher educated authorities but this is also becoming like a bot service and prerecorded statement till nodal officers.
i would like to mention my RBIO Cases.....1st against INDIE no response after mailing them from for 6 months not even a single reply from them. It is like you are nothing to them. 2nd against SBI for fake verification report of my credit card home verification. They never visited to home no calls no emails just updated door locked and rejected the application.
Complaining will make changes in the system against the required service to the customer.

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
For those are genuinely aggrieved by some bank and need further recourse, i sympathise ,

But there are people who are able to avail better products and services just by constantly complaining to highest offices of the bank ,while long term loyal customers seems to be getting nowhere ,

Now I'm not questioning anyone's method on getting what they want ,if it works for you go for it ,
But I'm little frustrated with how bank can be so biased and opaque as to who gets what ,

And i guess the sad reality is life isn't fair.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Nowadays these banks are thinking themselves no lesser than a God. They are harassing the customers on many bases and want that customers pay them without uttering a word. But the reality is without customers they are just a roadside beggar.
If there are trained professionals on the backend team....customer support or branch officials and listen to the problem instead of justifying themselves to be correct. Then 80 percent of RbiO complaints will vanish.
When the both customer and bank officials collide then there is raise of the complaint to higher level in hope of getting resolution from higher educated authorities but this is also becoming like a bot service and prerecorded statement till nodal officers.
i would like to mention my RBIO Cases.....1st against INDIE no response after mailing them from for 6 months not even a single reply from them. It is like you are nothing to them. 2nd against SBI for fake verification report of my credit card home verification. They never visited to home no calls no emails just updated door locked and rejected the application.
Complaining will make changes in the system against the required service to the customer.
Its because we have forgotten that CUSTOMER IS KING - Move on and chg banks if you are not happy.. i see many chasing banks.. they will / should chase customer.. nazariya badlo...