• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Close Citi Bank card or wait for Axis takeover

zpekter

TF Buzz
Hi all,

I'm new here and got to know about this community very recently.

Currently I hold a HDFC Regalia and a Citi Rewards cards.

Currently my aim is to get a Magnus and for that I've opened an account in Axis Bank for that matter.

Now my questions are:
1. Whether I should close the Citi card and go for the Axis card seperately or wait for the Citi Axis merger and ask them to upgrade the card?

My Citi card has a limit of 4.75L and HDFC Regalia has a limit of 5L.

2. For Magnus going with the paper work instead of online application is a better way?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

AsB

TF Ace
Hi all,

Currently my aim is to get a Magnus and for that I've opened an account in Axis Bank for that matter.

Now my questions are:
1. Whether I should close the Citi card and go for the Axis card seperately or wait for the Citi Axis merger and ask them to upgrade the card?

2. For Magnus going with the paper work instead of online application is a better way?

We have one of the best agent for Axis Magnus here. I dont remember his username. Will let you know.
Contact him, and he will help you

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Hi all,

Now my questions are:

you will have 2 cc from axis if you apply for magnus so apply for c2c via bank or through agent, give them your highest limit statement you have on cc

zpekter

TF Buzz
Hi everyone,

I have an update on the C2C option from the bank. People responsible for the CC section in the branch near my hometown is saying C2C is not possible. Initially they said 4L is the required limit for C2C and when i informed about the available limit in my card is 4.75 they changed their narrative and saying 6L is the limit required for C2C.

It's clear that they are not entertaining the C2C process and pushing for taking a new card instead.

What should I do? please share your opinions.

Thank you!!

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Hi everyone,

I have an update on the C2C option from the bank. People responsible for the CC section in the branch near my hometown is saying C2C is not possible. Initially they said 4L is the required limit for C2C and when i informed about the available limit in my card is 4.75 they changed their narrative and saying 6L is the limit required for C2C.

It's clear that they are not entertaining the C2C process and pushing for taking a new card instead.

What should I do? please share your opinions.

Thank you!!
Very confusing what you have written you want axis cc right and cc agent say 6 lakhs is required on c2c statement so wait pre approved or login in Axis since you already have axis bank account and check if magnus is showing up or not, I hold 2 axis card no bank account so we get customer ID and then apply for new cc snd then enter your customer ID and in the end it will show all the cc available to apply check if magnus is available to you or not

zpekter

TF Buzz
Currently Magnus is not listed in the pre-approved list. I've opened my Axis account recently I believe that's why it's not showing under pre-approved list.

I'll go ahead apply for the card and close the Citi Bank card.