• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Close axis bank account

yb24

TF Premier
Recently I visited axis bank to close my bank account which I opened online 2 months ago but they refused to close the account Citing the reason that account can be closed after 6 months only and I taklked to there customer care they told me that I can close the account before 6 months but branch Is not listening. Give me suggestions ,I had multiple bank account and can not maintain the shitty axis bank.

0xfallup

TF Ace
Recently I visited axis bank to close my bank account which I opened online 2 months ago but they refused to close the account Citing the reason that account can be closed after 6 months only and I taklked to there customer care they told me that I can close the account before 6 months but branch Is not listening. Give me suggestions ,I had multiple bank account and can not maintain the shitty axis bank.
draft a good mail about everything and send it here , BM will personally call you for closure

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Close after 6 month ..
Make sure you blocked your Dc even the online e Debit card

& Do not maintain .

After 6 Month ..go and close

-ve balnce won't be reflected to them if u don't use the service & ite just negative balance of non maintenance charges

I hope it answer your question.

sidp

TF Ace
You can close your account anytime you want. But they would charge a closure fee (500+gst I think for axis) If you close after 14days but before 1year.
Complain to nodal officer. You'll get call from bm in couple of days.
One thing you can do to avoid closure fees is take out all you money before they process. But that part isn't fool proof. If they don't agree, ask for a lower fee.

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
U can't close between 15 - days to 6 Month.

Some banks its 3 months.
For some its 6

suggestions of nodal officer to tf buzz 😁😁
You can close account at any point of time, the catch here is of you close the account between 15 days - 6 months you need to pay a closure charges. After 6 months account closure is free.

varun__goel_

TF Legend
You can close account at any point of time, the catch here is of you close the account between 15 days - 6 months you need to pay a closure charges. After 6 months account closure is free.
Axis charges for upto 1 year. Later free

Though you can withdraw the balance beforehand and they will debit charges from the interest accrued and close the account. No need to pay any extra amount

sparkit

TF Premier
Contributor
Exactly! That’s what happened with me when I asked the branch people to upgrade basic savings account to Liberty account.

The branch people told they can do it and I went to branch to apply for it. Later the service request came denied because the account is just 5 months old. They need minimum 6 months to upgrade.

Later customer care contacted me and said we can create a new liberty account instead. So I contacted branch about it. They told me they cannot do that because each customer can hold only one savings bank account.

Then I contacted the customer care to confirm what branch told me. The customer care team told me if the branch denies to create a account, they can file a complaint against the branch.

I told the same to branch people, within 30 mins they send their staffs to create a new account.
Later next day they contacted me and told they did some mistake for the kit they handed to me. So they need to do the opening process again.

So again they came and did the process. I sent the 25k for the minimum balance requirement. Next day a message came that account opening process is on hold due to an error.

The branch people told me, they entered a mistake while applying again. So they corrected it and submitted again. The next day also I got the same error message.

So I contacted the branch again, they told me to cancel this application and start with fresh application because there is some error on the applied application.

So I told them to cancel the process and sent me the refund 25k. It’s started around 2 weeks back, many calls to branch and visits to branch. Still I am waiting for the refund. They told me to wait until Tuesday. Let’s see!

Will never ever open Axis bank account ! Big Headache!