• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Time to close Fi Bank account?

vine

TF Premier
Don't close it. They will just waive the charges if you complain to rbi ombudsman about the other service which they are not providing.
They informed in advance as they should have. RBI can't ask banks to stop their 'offers'.
And to address the elephant in the room - Federal Bank - I don't want to deal with them. ReKYC of my FI account was an absolute disaster.
I sent email to close this account as part of my annual clean-up, just one day before the news of debit card charges came out

Shraaj

TF Premier
I'm surprised that they're now charging fees for debit cards, especially for customers who opened their accounts when they were offering zero-balance accounts with no debit card issuance or annual fees. I didn't receive any email from them about this change. After seeing some tweets on X, I checked with their support team and they confirmed that charges are now applicable. I mentioned that we were told there would be no fees, but they said the terms and conditions have changed. Currently, I'm on the Fi Money Infinite Plan, maintaining a monthly balance of 50K, mainly because I receive 2% cashback on my UPI spends for credit card payments, which gives me 500Rs each month. However, if they discontinue this offer, I'll consider leaving them. I have accounts with two Federal Banks: Fi Money and INDMoney. The latter was opened for me for a US stock account, which has zero balance and no debit card. It's worth noting that Federal Bank has had issues with compliance with RBI regulations in the past, particularly regarding credit cards and KYC. Additionally, Fi Money has a reputation for freezing accounts. Even if you're only using the bank account for small transactions, their algorithm for managing accounts is not very efficient.

prc1990

TF Ace
I'm surprised that they're now charging fees for debit cards, especially for customers who opened their accounts when they were offering zero-balance accounts with no debit card issuance or annual fees. I didn't receive any email from them about this change. After seeing some tweets on X, I checked with their support team and they confirmed that charges are now applicable. I mentioned that we were told there would be no fees, but they said the terms and conditions have changed. Currently, I'm on the Fi Money Infinite Plan, maintaining a monthly balance of 50K, mainly because I receive 2% cashback on my UPI spends for credit card payments, which gives me 500Rs each month. However, if they discontinue this offer, I'll consider leaving them. I have accounts with two Federal Banks: Fi Money and INDMoney. The latter was opened for me for a US stock account, which has zero balance and no debit card. It's worth noting that Federal Bank has had issues with compliance with RBI regulations in the past, particularly regarding credit cards and KYC. Additionally, Fi Money has a reputation for freezing accounts. Even if you're only using the bank account for small transactions, their algorithm for managing accounts is not very efficient.
Once 2% cashback is over, can't we block the card to avoid getting charged?