• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Checking HDFC pre-approved cards triggered CIBIL enquiry

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge

kgaurav00

TF Select
VIP Lounge
No it won’t be the case
For checking available cards we not even give pan rite
If not erroneously clicked by u Pls write to HDFC Bank for removal
99% case its hit CIBIL, if user enter OTP they never remove enquiry until you are good NRV customer.
if you holding any HDFC HDFC banking program then call RM they help better than others.

its my personal experience with HDFC.

RevEng

TF Premier
If 'terms-and-conditions and privacy policy' there at the bottom check box = CIBIL hit.

If 'privacy policy' only there = no CIBIL hit.

2nd one available, if you click through netbanking.
I skimmed through the TnC and privacy policy.
1. TnC is for the 1500 Amazon GV and doesn't mention CIBIL at all.
2. Privacy policy has the credit enquiry section but it's a general bank-wide privacy policy.

I don't understand the implications of agreeing to such broad privacy policy.

It gives HDFC right to check credit score even if I am applying for debit card or cheque book :)

BeingPramod

TF Premier
Same happened to me too. That too I checked with DOB especially because I did not want a CIBIL hit to happen. I have written to HDFC to remove it but they asked for 10 days time.
Same issue. I got CIBIL changed notification on sms and email and when I checked it was HDFC bank. I just checked the preapproved offer yesterday that I usually check every month but don't know how it got triggered the credit card CIBIL inquiry. Which email id to send the mail and what will be going to be the content. I have seen some comments here they need the full CIBIL original report to take action on the issue. Kindly clarify everyone here.

BeingPramod

TF Premier
Same happened to me too. That too I checked with DOB especially because I did not want a CIBIL hit to happen. I have written to HDFC to remove it but they asked for 10 days time.

Same issue. I got CIBIL changed notification on sms and email and when I checked it was HDFC bank. I just checked the preapproved offer yesterday that I usually check every month but don't know how it got triggered the credit card CIBIL inquiry. Which email id to send the mail and what will be going to be the content. I have seen some comments here they need the full CIBIL original report to take action on the issue. Kindly clarify everyone here.
Is anyone having time here to respond to my query.

BeingPramod

TF Premier
I
It will really good if anybody could actually help me here

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Excuse me, this is a community forum where members voluntarily participate and respond to queries. Please understand that everyone here has their own commitments and it may take some time for the right person to see and respond to your question. It has not even been 24 hours yet, so kindly be patient and wait for a suitable response without tagging your own post.

BeingPramod

TF Premier
Excuse me, this is a community forum where members voluntarily participate and respond to queries. Please understand that everyone here has their own commitments and it may take some time for the right person to see and respond to your question. It has not even been 24 hours yet, so kindly be patient and wait for a suitable response without tagging your own post.
Good at least I got this reply. Dont want to go for any argument here, I guess everybody's time is precious. I see there are people who have time to do unnecessary comments but not understanding others' problems and helping them. God bless all :)

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Thanks alot, Here I am not able to get the exact category to raise the request for such an issue. Do you have any idea about this ?
Anytime!
In that case, you can write Directly to regional nodal officer. Find the email ID for your region through this link: