• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis bank doing Cibil Enquiry for pre-approved offers ?

Xposed

TF Premier
Hey today I saw my credit report and I have a SB account with axis and have multiple “pre-approved offers” on my account to my surprise, my credit report has an enquiry made by axis bank for personal loan and guess what I have never applied for any personal loan !!

And I was Offered a pre-approved credit card which I took and that also has an enquiry on my credit report
My question to you my friends is Whether Pre-approved loan or credit cards, trigger an enquiry ?

If they do, how is that a “pre-approved” offer

Last edited:

Quantum

TF Premier
For a lender to make an enquiry on your credit profile in any or all of the CICs, they need to have your consent in any form (online, offline).
If you click on a credit card or loan offer link, and proceed to provide your PAN, phone number etc., then you give consent to that lender to do an enquiry.

Did you happen to do that?
OR
Did you start any credit card application process in Axis app or website some time back in the past?
If yes, then you gave your consent to do an enquiry.

If you perfectly remember that you never initiated any such process from your side, then you could reach out to Axis to get the enquiry suppressed/removed.
CIBIL would not remove the enquiry if you raise the dispute with them, as they would mention the reason on the lines of "lender needs to submit a request to CIBIL to update the record."

Xposed

TF Premier
As I said, I had no interest in their personal loan and I didn’t enter my bank details for that and credit card. It was preapproved so I guess that shouldn’t amount to an enquiry

Quantum

TF Premier
As I said, I had no interest in their personal loan and I didn’t enter my bank details for that and credit card. It was preapproved so I guess that shouldn’t amount to an enquiry
And that's why I mentioned that you need to reach out to Axis to get the enquiries suppressed/removed.
Here your objective should be to get the enquiries removed from CIC reports.

s1t2y3a3m6

TF Premier
Hey today I saw my credit report and I have a SB account with axis and have multiple “pre-approved offers” on my account to my surprise, my credit report has an enquiry made by axis bank for personal loan and guess what I have never applied for any personal loan !!

And I was Offered a pre-approved credit card which I took and that also has an enquiry on my credit report
My question to you my friends is Weather approved loan or credit cards, trigger an enquiry ?

Email to axis nodal to remove same if they didn't remove then file RBI ombudsman

Last edited:

AritraSaha

TF Legend

My question to you my friends is Whether Pre-approved loan or credit cards, trigger an enquiry ?

When i open account they hit me with pl enquiry.

You can mail the pno.. but it will be long process..

AritraSaha

TF Legend

Banks 'pre approval' is quite vague..
Special with lotak & axe bank.

They probably barried consent for enquiry in t&c

Quantum

TF Premier
Kindly go in detail, can be handy for me.
If you are assuming that the enquiry removal would happen in next 5-7 days, then you would be disappointed most probably at the end of it.
PNO, CC/loan team would take their own sweet time, and in the worst case it could stretch to more than a month too.

And if you reach out to RBI Ombudsman after this, then Axis may share with RBI that the clause is buried deep into their TnCs that the customer provides the consent to Axis to enquire the CICs to curate offers for the customer as @AritraSaha is suspecting.

Quantum

TF Premier
I shared a screenshot with them , they are now asking for full report on PDF, should I share it with them? @AritraSaha
@Shubham Yadav @S S V @4uziaul
Yes.
Once you reach out to any lender for CIBIL related issue, they need the CIBIL report to review and proceed. It contains a control number, that is kind of a token to set the "context" of the communication between the lender and CIBIL, and with you too.