• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CC Portfolio revamp

mmcc

TF Buzz
Hi All,

Need your advice on deciding getting new card/downgrading/closing old cards as per my card portfolio below:

Following cards I have
Premium Cards
1) Infinia (upgraded recently from Regalia)
2) Aurum
3) Magnus
4) SC Ultimate

Regular Cards
1) Axis Flipkart (may close later if don't hit the threshold)
2) ICICI platinum
3) Icici Sapphiro
4) idfc first Select
5) Amex platinum Travel
6) Amex MRCC
7) Icici coral rupay

My usage has considerably gone down approx 1 lakh per month now.. looking to Downgrade Magnus, Aurum & SC Ultimate.

Close ICICI Sapphiro/Platinum, Amex platinum Travel.

Reason for lower req now
1) Credit requirement is down
2) Devaluation of rewards earn(rental, school fees)
3) Devaluation of Redemption(With Taj voucher 2 meal option is disabled, SC Ultimate redemption catalogue is shitty now, Magnus everyone knows)
4) Scare of IT notice on high usage
5)Official Travel booking has to be done now by official card so that's almost 15 lakh less I have to spend from my card

My requirement:
1) Domestic lounge: Around 6 lounge visit in a quarter(Tier 1 city mainly)

2) Additionally rewards of ICICI rupay is very less. Any other suggestions on replacing this with other Rupay card?
3) suggestions to upgrade/downgrade any of the above cards
4) I pay 75k rent every month any suggestions for the best card which gives rewards

Additional help:
I largely make card bill payment using HDFC easy shop debit card via billpay, however unable to pay Infinia dues using Billpay(Debit card).. any suggestions how to get 1% cashback to pay Infinia bill?
I have HDFC savings account only to get 1% cashback.

sidp

TF Ace
1.for hdfc cc bill you can use Sbi unipay which gives 1% cb.
You can also get indusind pinnacle or legend cc as ltf, using that as surrogate you can get 0mab ac (I think exclusive or something). Its dc will give you cb upto 0.92%. Its tiered cb system. So more you spend, cb % becomes higher.

2. Close sc ultimate. If magnus is m4b ltf keep, if paid convert it to atlas. Atlas is still good for offline spend if you want to redeem for hotel/airline partners.

3. Aurum is paid right? Try to downgrade to elite. At the very least get a entry level card may be fuel or cb. Its hard to get cc from sbi once you have good amount of loan/cc exposure. So don't throwaway the cl you have already gotten.
4. Keep 1 core icici cc. Close coral rupay. Close one between sapphiro & platinum. If sapphiro is ltf keep it. If net salary >3L, try to convert paid sapphiro to ltf.

5. Best rupay cc is neu infinity, you can get it as ltf as you already have infinnia.

Last edited:

diptarkaroy

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hi All,

Need your advice on deciding getting new card/downgrading/closing old cards as per my card portfolio below:

Following cards I have
Premium Cards
1) Infinia (upgraded recently from Regalia)
2) Aurum
3) Magnus
4) SC Ultimate

Regular Cards
1) Axis Flipkart (may close later if don't hit the threshold)
2) ICICI platinum
3) Icici Sapphiro
4) idfc first Select
5) Amex platinum Travel
6) Amex MRCC
7) Icici coral rupay

My usage has considerably gone down approx 1 lakh per month now.. looking to Downgrade Magnus, Aurum & SC Ultimate.

Close ICICI Sapphiro/Platinum, Amex platinum Travel.

Reason for lower req now
1) Credit requirement is down
2) Devaluation of rewards earn(rental, school fees)
3) Devaluation of Redemption(With Taj voucher 2 meal option is disabled, SC Ultimate redemption catalogue is shitty now, Magnus everyone knows)
4) Scare of IT notice on high usage
5)Official Travel booking has to be done now by official card so that's almost 15 lakh less I have to spend from my card

My requirement:
1) Domestic lounge: Around 6 lounge visit in a quarter(Tier 1 city mainly)

2) Additionally rewards of ICICI rupay is very less. Any other suggestions on replacing this with other Rupay card?
3) suggestions to upgrade/downgrade any of the above cards
4) I pay 75k rent every month any suggestions for the best card which gives rewards

Additional help:
I largely make card bill payment using HDFC easy shop debit card via billpay, however unable to pay Infinia dues using Billpay(Debit card).. any suggestions how to get 1% cashback to pay Infinia bill?
I have HDFC savings account only to get 1% cashback.
You can check yes marquee!!!