• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best zero balance account

crazyuploader

TF Premier
Kotak 811 is one of the good ones too. I have been using it for quite a while now. The agents try to get you converted to a 10k min balance account citing offers and this and at. But you stay firm at just 0 balance 811 account.
I too have been using Kotak 811 account, no physical Debit Card, it's been great except some recent downtimes. And I never got any calls for any account upgrade 10k MAB, just I wanted their Credit Card (LTF one for offers, etc.), I got none yet. I had their DreamDifferent Card against a FD, that too I had closed in December (around 3 months old)

As per AU bank website, these are some of the benefits they offer:
  • Air Personal Accident Cover: Get an air accident cover of INR 5,00,000 on your RuPay Platinum Debit Card if the bank is informed within 30 days of such incident.
  • Personal Accident Cover: Get a personal accident insurance cover of INR 2,00,000 if the bank is informed within 30 days of such an incident.
  • Card Liability Cover^: Our Platinum Debit Card comes with a Liability Cover. In case of fraudulent transactions, your cover will help to recover the loss up to INR 2,00,000.
  • Purchase Protection*: RuPay Platinum Debit Card comes with purchase protection benefits up to INR 10,000. This means that if the goods purchased within 90 days are destroyed due to fire or even stolen, you can claim damages.
  • Airport lounge access: Make travel more comfortable with 8 complimentary domestic airport lounge access per year.
  • Extensive offers: With the RuPay Platinum Debit Card, you can get lucrative offers on shopping, online purchases, car services, and various other categories.

Also Amazon has this offer, where once every month (on fridays) when you load money to Amazon pay wallet, you get discount of 20% (max ₹100) on money load.
Whoa, are these AU Bank specific or some are generic offers through RuPay Card platform?

It won't be zero balance account. It is applicable only on digital savings account.
Ah, I see. Okay, so my PIN code is 2****1, while AU Bank branch is in 2****2, would they allow me to open account digitally?

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Could you shed some light on RuPay Platinum Card benefits? I am holding SBI SimplySAVE RuPay variant but I don't really know what're the benefits it comes with
RuPay Platinum debit card, you will get Flat 100 off on 500 Amazon wallet load per month.

you cna sue multiple RuPay Platinum debit cards on same Amazon account.

RuPay credit cards are not eligible for this offer. Visit RuPay website for RuPay credit card offers.

anonymuos

TF Ace
So we can get RuPay Platinum debit card on FedExcel SAVINGS account? Or is yours a Salary account? By default I thought they issued Visa/MC? How to get RuPay Platinum on it? Any special application or form to fill or can request it via app?

@Abhishek012

Gabbar.Singh

TF Select

Here is another for professionals. Though engineers are not mentioned, they once agreed to consider engineers also as professional but they have no branch where I live. They wanted me to open an account in Delhi and be physically present there. I refused.

Gabbar.Singh

TF Select
So we can get RuPay Platinum debit card on FedExcel SAVINGS account? Or is yours a Salary account? By default I thought they issued Visa/MC? How to get RuPay Platinum on it? Any special application or form to fill or can request it via app?

@Abhishek012
Well, they opened this account for me in 2017 and gave me a RuPay Platinum Debit Card. They now tell me they did as special case and they usually don't give RuPay Platinum for this account. I really don't know what the correct position is.

Here is another for professionals. Though engineers are not mentioned, they once agreed to consider engineers also as professional but they have no branch where I live. They wanted me to open an account in Delhi and be physically present there. I refused.
Can you send the reference of the Deutsche Bank executive who agreed to open the Professional Savings Account for engineers? I had asked the Delhi branch but they were not willing to open this variant for engineers. Thanks