• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best zero balance account

HC1337

TF Buzz
Been using Kotak 811 and I do agree with most of it's praise given by others.

Having a branch nearby doesn't necessarily mean serviceability of 0 balance AU account.
I mean a digital account shouldn't really need a branch to begin with. Although it's named a digital savings account it does pretty much function like a normal savings account from what I know so far.

metal_heart

TF Premier
Is there any account, which is zero balance aswell as zero debit card charges (or only virtual DB card or ATM card only).
Need a account to keep minimum money & link for daily upi transaction

Need proper bank & not NEO banks;

redmanc

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Is there any account, which is zero balance aswell as zero debit card charges (or only virtual DB card or ATM card only).
Need a account to keep minimum money & link for daily upi transaction

Need proper bank & not NEO banks;
Kotak 811
I use kotak 811 with just virtual debit card. 0 charges. I was given a ltf kotak credit card too after a while.. been using it for close to 4 years now.

HC1337

TF Buzz
Well this is concerning. But I have heard similar stuff from users of Kotak 811, personally never faced freezing of a saving account of mine but there should be a reason for blocking out a customer.

HC1337

TF Buzz
Well, branch won't be a problem, and most of my big transactions happen through SBI anyways so I'm not that concerned.

PS - just received a call from AU telling me to do KYC again as the previous one was unsuccessful, as I don't have my Original PAN card with me right now I told them it won't be possible for atleast a month, they said we will call you after a month then. Let's see if they actually do.

anonymuos

TF Ace
Did they charge for sms , cheque Book and imps and what is limit for upi transaction in 811 account as I also thinking to open it
No SMS charges if you opt out of them in Kotak net banking (I think there's a setting somewhere). I was never charged any SMS charges. Cheque book I didn't take - yes there are charges ₹3 per cheque leaf: https://www.kotak.com/en/personal-b...digital-savings-account/fees-and-charges.html - only available if you complete full KYC. No limits as such on UPI separately for 811 account - daily and transaction limit is 100000 as per Google: https://support.google.com/pay/india/answer/9616021?hl=en

crazyuploader

TF Premier
I would suggest AU Bank Digital Savings Account, I personally have opened one recently, had good experience.

Their terms and conditions are transparent. Provided cheque book too.
They say they don't have concept of home branch, their every branch is your home branch.
Only charge is annual debit card fee (₹150 + GST) , but the debit card offered is Rupay Platinum card, which I read provides some complimentary benefits, which I think makes up for the annual fee.
Could you shed some light on RuPay Platinum Card benefits? I am holding SBI SimplySAVE RuPay variant but I don't really know what're the benefits it comes with

My current address is serviceable but aadhar one is not sadly!
What about opening account physically by visiting branch?

Ad.Astra

TF Premier
Could you shed some light on RuPay Platinum Card benefits? I am holding SBI SimplySAVE RuPay variant but I don't really know what're the benefits it comes with
As per AU bank website, these are some of the benefits they offer:
  • Air Personal Accident Cover: Get an air accident cover of INR 5,00,000 on your RuPay Platinum Debit Card if the bank is informed within 30 days of such incident.
  • Personal Accident Cover: Get a personal accident insurance cover of INR 2,00,000 if the bank is informed within 30 days of such an incident.
  • Card Liability Cover^: Our Platinum Debit Card comes with a Liability Cover. In case of fraudulent transactions, your cover will help to recover the loss up to INR 2,00,000.
  • Purchase Protection*: RuPay Platinum Debit Card comes with purchase protection benefits up to INR 10,000. This means that if the goods purchased within 90 days are destroyed due to fire or even stolen, you can claim damages.
  • Airport lounge access: Make travel more comfortable with 8 complimentary domestic airport lounge access per year.
  • Extensive offers: With the RuPay Platinum Debit Card, you can get lucrative offers on shopping, online purchases, car services, and various other categories.

Also Amazon has this offer, where once every month (on fridays) when you load money to Amazon pay wallet, you get discount of 20% (max ₹100) on money load.