• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Way to pay Credit Card Bill

kushal

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Guys I am redacting this post as I have been asked by the bank for non disclosure as mentioned in TnCs else my account would be suspended. They had asked me to remove this as this violates the TnC related to not getting reward points for CC payments.

Last edited by a moderator:

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Ccpay gives supercash not cashback. Value of this pathetic supercash is close to 10sc=1rs as rech voucher, that too not available most days. It can't be redeemed on most merchants these days
As I said, I accumulate only as much supercash as I need to use. Supercash gives me a 5% discount on recharge/bill payments every month (limit is Rs 100 total discount) and 5% discount on bills from selected merchants with no capping (my broadband provider was one such merchant, now for the last 3-4 months it has been removed)

Total discount I get on bill payments is 5% from supercash + 1% from using APay to pay the remaining portion of the bill + 1% from HDFC BillPay to pay the APay bill. This is possible up to a limit of 2500/- every month. After that I switch from CC to DC so the discount comes down to only 5% on account of the supercash.

When used this way, 1 supercash = 1 rupee

Last edited:

Vickymaster1010

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
team i called hdfc bank customer care they are saying there is nothing on ccc payment via billdesk , i paid via my debitcard howveer i did not recieved any reward points i paid 25k cc payment , please assist

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
team i called hdfc bank customer care they are saying there is nothing on ccc payment via billdesk , i paid via my debitcard howveer i did not recieved any reward points i paid 25k cc payment , please assist

Did you wait for 2 days? It sometimes takes that long for the points to be credited. Maybe longer sometimes, but in my case it has usually happened within T+2 days

Vickymaster1010

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Did you wait for 2 days? It sometimes takes that long for the points to be credited. Maybe longer sometimes, but in my case it has usually happened within T+2 days
Hi its more than a week since i paid the points still show 0 , i selected debit card option during payment am i missing something please asssit

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi its more than a week since i paid the points still show 0 , i selected debit card option during payment am i missing something please asssit

Share that particular transaction screenshot from netbanking. Did you enter expiry month and year? If yes, then debit card selected. If that transaction showing as "POS <First 6 digits>XXXXXX<Last 4 digits> HDFCBILLPAY", you should get by now for HDFC Platinum debit card. Which debit card you used?

As HelloWorld Pointed out that is the format of the transaction entry that appears in NetBanking
I assume that you used the a) Platinum debit card and b) you did it manually and c) didn't tick mark any of the options d) specified the card and expiry at the time of payment
Also, I assume that you know that points come first and then you have to redeem them for cashback. So you're checking under Enquire and not under Netbanking
If you answered yes to all that HelloWorld and I said, you should get the points. You could take a screenshot of the Netbanking entry and tell CC you did a Utility bill payment (no need to mention CC payment) and ask them to manually credit the points

Vickymaster1010

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi screenshot attached of 20k debit .plz check and let me.knw what can I do in this . I entered debit card expiry and cc manually during making the payment. Via my debit card.
Share that particular transaction screenshot from netbanking. Did you enter expiry month and year? If yes, then debit card selected. If that transaction showing as "POS <First 6 digits>XXXXXX<Last 4 digits> HDFCBILLPAY", you should get by now for HDFC Platinum debit card. Which debit card you used?

Attachments

• IMG_20221117_224832.jpg
    IMG_20221117_224832.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 57

Vickymaster1010

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My current card was issue around 4 years back . I have an option to upgrade to platinum debit card or millenia debit card. Shuld i upgrade my debit card ?

kushal

TF Select
VIP Lounge
My current card was issue around 4 years back . I have an option to upgrade to platinum debit card or millenia debit card. Shuld i upgrade my debit card ?
Bro upgrade to Platinum, Millenia also gives cashback but platinum has the best CB and max CB limit is also high

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Your existing card won't give cashback on Billpay (upon checking it's features, it is specific to some categories). Upgrade to "EasyShop Platinum Debit Card".

This particular cashback on credit card bills applicable only Platinum, Millennia debit cards.

It has annual fee of 750Rs. If you have any account "SavingsMax" or higher or Salary, it is free otherwise chargeable.

Thx everyone for all ur help i am upgrading my debit card. To platinum debit card

BilPay cashback is only via Platinum. For Millenia you have to load Paytm wallet and pay from there. Platinum Rs 750 max, Millenia Rs 400 max

Akash Topder

TF Premier
HDFC:
Most of us know that the best way to pay Bills for the Credit Card is the HDFC Bill Pay Portal, it allows us 1% reward rate for max 750 per month.
A person has to use the HDFC Bill pay portal via Netbanking/Mobile Banking for the same. (Using Easyshop Platinum Debit Card)

IndusInd:
The second best way is premium Indusind Debit Cards, i.e., Select/Exclusive Debit Card, it offers upto 0.93% reward rate and could be beneficial for those who frequently exhaust the HDFC limit,
Note: Paytm does not accept the mastercard variant of these cards, so in my experience Mobikwik does and gives the reward. For Visa Variant, paytm would work.
Unlike HDFC, Indusind offers incremental rewards for Credit Card payment, the rewards you get are (Brackets for total monthly spend):

Spend 5k - 0.35% - Rs 17
Spend 10k - 0.43% - Rs 43
Spend 20k - 0.56% - Rs 112
Spend 30k - 0.67% - Rs 201
Spend 40k - 0.72% - Rs 288
Spend 50k - 0.78% - Rs 390
Spend 60k - 0.83% - Rs 500
Spend 80k - 0.88% - Rs 704
Spend 100k - 0.92% - Rs 920
Spend 112.5k (Max) - 0.93% - Rs 1050
Here the max limit for Cashback is Rs 1050 a month as a person can get max 3000 reward points (1 RP= Rs 0.35)

HDFC:
Most of us know that the best way to pay Bills for the Credit Card is the HDFC Bill Pay Portal, it allows us 1% reward rate for max 750 per month.
A person has to use the HDFC Bill pay portal via Netbanking/Mobile Banking for the same. (Using Easyshop Platinum Debit Card)

IndusInd:
The second best way is premium Indusind Debit Cards, i.e., Select/Exclusive Debit Card, it offers upto 0.93% reward rate and could be beneficial for those who frequently exhaust the HDFC limit,
Note: Paytm does not accept the mastercard variant of these cards, so in my experience Mobikwik does and gives the reward. For Visa Variant, paytm would work.
Unlike HDFC, Indusind offers incremental rewards for Credit Card payment, the rewards you get are (Brackets for total monthly spend):

Spend 5k - 0.35% - Rs 17
Spend 10k - 0.43% - Rs 43
Spend 20k - 0.56% - Rs 112
Spend 30k - 0.67% - Rs 201
Spend 40k - 0.72% - Rs 288
Spend 50k - 0.78% - Rs 390
Spend 60k - 0.83% - Rs 500
Spend 80k - 0.88% - Rs 704
Spend 100k - 0.92% - Rs 920
Spend 112.5k (Max) - 0.93% - Rs 1050
Here the max limit for Cashback is Rs 1050 a month as a person can get max 3000 reward points (1 RP= Rs 0.35)
Those who don't have HDFC and Indusind savings account, what is the recommendation for them?

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Those who don't have HDFC and Indusind savings account, what is the recommendation for them?
Open indusind partner account... Currently offer going on with 4 L initial deposit.... You will get lifetime zero mab account... Otherwise it requires 1 lakh per quater.... You can add 4 family members too... So in total 5 visa signature cards for free.....

Akash Topder

TF Premier
Open indusind partner account... Currently offer going on with 4 L initial deposit.... You will get lifetime zero mab account... Otherwise it requires 1 lakh per quater.... You can add 4 family members too... So in total 5 visa signature cards for free.....
4 lakh is a lot!

CardSeeker

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I already have indusind select account with select signature debit card?

Can i get one more select signature debit card free?

I called cc they are saying I am ineligible, they are offering select platinum dc as free

Share ur thoughts