• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Way to pay Credit Card Bill

kushal

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Guys I am redacting this post as I have been asked by the bank for non disclosure as mentioned in TnCs else my account would be suspended. They had asked me to remove this as this violates the TnC related to not getting reward points for CC payments.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
HDFC:
Most of us know that the best way to pay Bills for the Credit Card is the HDFC Bill Pay Portal, it allows us 1% reward rate for max 750 per month.
A person has to use the HDFC Bill pay portal via Netbanking/Mobile Banking for the same.

IndusInd:
The second best way is premium Indusind Debit Cards, i.e., Select/Exclusive Debit Card, it offers upto 0.93% reward rate and could be beneficial for those who frequently exhaust the HDFC limit,
Note: Paytm does not accept the mastercard variant of these cards, so in my experience Mobikwik does and gives the reward. For Visa Variant, paytm would work.
Unlike HDFC, Indusind offers incremental rewards for Credit Card payment, the rewards you get are (Brackets for total monthly spend):

Spend 5k - 0.35% - Rs 17
Spend 10k - 0.43% - Rs 43
Spend 20k - 0.56% - Rs 112
Spend 30k - 0.67% - Rs 201
Spend 40k - 0.72% - Rs 288
Spend 50k - 0.78% - Rs 390
Spend 60k - 0.83% - Rs 500
Spend 80k - 0.88% - Rs 704
Spend 100k - 0.92% - Rs 920
Spend 112.5k (Max) - 0.93% - Rs 1050
Here the max limit for Cashback is Rs 1050 a month as a person can get max 3000 reward points (1 RP= Rs 0.35)
Great write up
Just a small query i will reach 1k points by this month in my signature debit card this month
How u get cb credit in account?
Steps pls help and is 99+ gst applicable to redemption

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

kushal

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Redemption is one like hidden charge levied by banks 😔 it lowers the cashback rate
No redemption fee for HDFC and Indus bro, and this is bonus cashback that you would be earning on top of your actual credit card cashback just by paying the bill.

sv004

TF Premier
Hi can we pay other bank credit card bills and earn cashback via hdfc portal. If yes then please guide me how

kushal

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi can we pay other bank credit card bills and earn cashback via hdfc portal. If yes then please guide me how
Bro first of all you must have a platinum debit card, second go to mobile app/ netbanking, then got to bill payments, then add biller, credit card bill, here you will have to choose which bank credit card you have then proceed. Then you can add the amount and pay, make sure you pay with the debit card and not the account directly (You'll get this option to choose). For initial activation of a biller addition, it requires 3-5 days, after that you can pay bill. Try paying just rs 100 for the first activation.

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Login to net banking
Go to bills, click continue
Will navigate to a new page - HDFC Billpay
Add biller and enjoy

Mobile app> Side menu > Pay > Bill pay

Cards -
HDFC Platinum - Max 750rs per month

I recommend net banking as it has more card options.
Bob is present in net banking but not in the mobile app.

FYI - For some cards like bob, the payment won't go through all the time. If it is failing continuously, try later time it will work

Last edited:

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Bro first of all you must have a platinum debit card, second go to mobile app/ netbanking, then got to bill payments, then add biller, credit card bill, here you will have to choose which bank credit card you have then proceed. Then you can add the amount and pay, make sure you pay with the debit card and not the account directly (You'll get this option to choose). For initial activation of a biller addition, it requires 3-5 days, after that you can pay bill. Try paying just rs 100 for the first activation.
You don't necessarily need to wait for activation. Even though the first payment will fail, the subsequent one will go through.
Tried and tested last week, and got the max points as well

sv004

TF Premier
Login to net banking
Go to bills, click continue
Will navigate to a new page - HDFC Billpay
Add biller and enjoy

Mobile app> Side menu > Pay > Bill pay

I recommend net banking as it has more card options.
Bob is present in net banking but not in the mobile app.

FYI - For some cards like bob, the payment won't go through all the time. If it is failing continuously, try later time it will work
Thanks i just added my sbi card but i put smart pay off. As i cdnt understand . I wl get cashback right