• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Way to pay Credit Card Bill

kushal

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Guys I am redacting this post as I have been asked by the bank for non disclosure as mentioned in TnCs else my account would be suspended. They had asked me to remove this as this violates the TnC related to not getting reward points for CC payments.

Last edited by a moderator:

kushal

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I did multiple payments for my Axis Magnus and Bob cards after adding the cards. Bob, I had to try 5-10 times to make it go through.
The total was around 78k. Got my cashback when the payments were settled in axis card 3-4 days later.
Bro the payment fails multiple times before activation after activation it goes through everytime, thats why i suggested doing 100 as small transaction will go thru, then afterwards activation would be success and larger payments would not fail.

sv004

TF Premier
I did multiple payments for my Axis Magnus and Bob cards after adding the cards. Bob, I had to try 5-10 times to make it go through.
The total was around 78k. Got my cashback when the payments were settled in axis card 3-4 days later.
Wow thank u so much this is super convinient and also guaranteed cash back. I was frustrated with shitty unknown cashbacks from cred

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Bro the payment fails multiple times before activation after activation it goes through everytime, thats why i suggested doing 100 as small transaction will go thru, then afterwards activation would be success and larger payments would not fail.
Axis/Sbi/Icici were always successful. Bob fails even after activation. It is not related to the activation status.
Even before activation bob worked few times, I tried with various amounts - 500rs and 2 9k worked after multiple tries.

The good thing about the bob is, if it succeeds it will be credited to card instantly

theranos

TF Select
Apart from these two, any other bank provides good reward rate on dc purchases?
there was cashback card in DCB Bank on ELITE acc with 25k mab which used to give 1.6%cb on all transactions except atm cash withdrawal ie in cc bill payment or wallet load or whatever but got devaluation just around COVID now it's not even 0.5%+mab for acc is High

kushal

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Yes bro truly said . also i have to give it sms access. So i dont trust that app
Bro Cred just passed a Credit Line in my name once, without my consent, and i never took a loan from them, I had to go to RBI to resolve and close that. Better not give any permissions

sv004

TF Premier
Bro Cred just passed a Credit Line in my name once, without my consent, and i never took a loan from them, I had to go to RBI to resolve and close that. Better not give any permissions
Thats such shitty practice from their side . Wl delete that asap

FinoGuy

TF Ace
Thats such shitty practice from their side . Wl delete that asap
I just came to know what apps r capable of! (if sms+phone permission is granted) it's almost like giving your phone to a stranger! They can send Sms remotely, can gather your phone imei, can collect data on your spend patterns from spend sms, can collect info on your approx cash net work (from balance updates) can collect your network operator data +usage, online presence, possible social media accounts, email service provider +there's long list...! Of course they give disclaimer that they "only" record relevant data to verify user., but incidents like that prove that they do beyond that.!

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Will this be applicable for Visa Signature debit card of IndusInd Partner accounts?
If its a Select/Exclusive account variant, then yes.
Only the DC variant matters, not the account variant
Awesome. I will test it out this month then. Will post the result next month
The results are visible within 4-5 days of tnx
Apart from these two, any other bank provides good reward rate on dc purchases?
Jupiter DC will give 1% cb upto 150. Can add money to Amazon and then pay CC bills thru Amazon Wallet UPI
Bro first of all you must have a platinum debit card, second go to mobile app/ netbanking, then got to bill payments, then add biller, credit card bill, here you will have to choose which bank credit card you have then proceed. Then you can add the amount and pay, make sure you pay with the debit card and not the account directly (You'll get this option to choose). For initial activation of a biller addition, it requires 3-5 days, after that you can pay bill. Try paying just rs 100 for the first activation.
You don't necessarily need to wait for activation. Even though the first payment will fail, the subsequent one will go through.
Tried and tested last week, and got the max points as well
There's a cooling period for every new biller on Smartpay now, Specifically for CC : Security Control Credit Card:-After registration 2 hours no trxn allow, between 2 hours to 24 hours limit of Rs. 10,000 and after 24 hours limit upto 2 lakhs.

colorful_slate

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Havent used paytm for payment as i have Mastercard variant which paytm doesnt accept, but MOBIKWIK also says Credit Card Bill Payment and still i always receive the reward points. Mobikwik i have personally tried and tested, always work. (Ignore the TnCs)
How many days did it take payment from Mobikwik to reflect in the Card statement? I made payment yesterday for SC ultimate, it's not showing as of now.