• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Value for Money Way for Hotel Booking

kshitij_0

TF Ace
What are your thoughts about the websites/cards which provide best value for money hotel booking experience?
How do you personally book hotels and why?
Primarily, I am asking about domestic hotels. If you have some peculiar knowledge about international once then also you can tell us.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
What are your thoughts about the websites/cards which provide best value for money hotel booking experience?
How do you personally book hotels and why?
Primarily, I am asking about domestic hotels. If you have some peculiar knowledge about international once then also you can tell us.
Use traveledge for booking flights if you’re having magnus so that multiple edge rewards assured
I use itc points for domestic and Marriott for international while redeeming edge rewards
Some may compare with skyscanner trip advisor and say it’s cheap but imo if u r a card enthusiast then go by card rewards way nothing to compare

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
if i want to use points i generally use hdfc smartbuy portal to burn points & book hotels (70% paid by points), if i want to earn points either use 10x on hdfc smartbuy mmt or buy 10x axis gyftr voucher of mmt to book.. obviously these is not analysing any specific website discounts on specific cards which differ time to time.. if upfront discount is large better to use that card (even if it is hsbc or yes etc) rather trying to burn or earn points.. so no straight answer depends on offers at any point in time.. mostly use mmt goibibo yatra for domestic hotels.. for international also look at booking.com which allows to pay directly at hotel and generally has refundable options..

using marriot or other hotel loyalty points will depend on how many points u have and whether u have hotel of that brand in place where u staying..

Last edited:

bugmenot

TF Ace
Since you are looking for a value for money option then you should compare the hotel price across all portals. Not sure if skyscanner is best tool for it or not. Wherever you get lowest price, buy gc of that portal if available.

Booking high priced property just to earn the points is not considered as value for money for me atleast. The earned point value could be higher than the difference between lower amount portal but it's delayed gratification.

Lalit

TF Buzz
For hotel booking in europe, accor point conversion is best for hdfc card holders in which 2000 points are worth 40 euros flat except for ibis budget.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
General question,
If someone books a hotel trough points,what are the general rules?
Eg. I heard that in Marriot hotels, breakfast is not included.Is it true for all hotel chains?
I got complimentary breakfast in some of the Marriott properties even I don’t have honor membership
It all depends on the day or how we deal with the manager who check in

kshitij_0

TF Ace
P
Book those hotels on MMT/Yatra which are already at a discount without coupons like Fabhotels @ 50% etc. or during offer periods, using 10X MMT/Yatra Gyftr GVs
Please elaborate because I am too weak in hotel booking field. I normally used to book directly through google and websites with some discount offer on card.

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Max 15 K restriction,is that correct?
10k MMT GV were also available earlier, so 30K possible

P

Please elaborate because I am too weak in hotel booking field. I normally used to book directly through google and websites with some discount offer on card.
Yeah.. same process, on Google it will show rates for Yatra and MMT as well, so you can compare prices easily

FinoGuy

TF Ace
1)without payment offers :I found goibi*o offers lowest price.
2)if payment /cards offers you need to check individual sites goibi/mmt/yatr/clrtrp/via/etc. & go with the one with max discount and lowest final price
3)gift voucher game is different level, but yatr/clrtrp voucher at discount (10-30% sometimes on offer) then book on discounted price +pay by voucher. U can also combine various card offers while buying gift vouchers

manzb

TF Premier
1)without payment offers :I found goibi*o offers lowest price.
2)if payment /cards offers you need to check individual sites goibi/mmt/yatr/clrtrp/via/etc. & go with the one with max discount and lowest final price
3)gift voucher game is different level, but yatr/clrtrp voucher at discount (10-30% sometimes on offer) then book on discounted price +pay by voucher. U can also combine various card offers while buying gift vouchers
With regard to online OTA, you can't use both discount coupon and GV. Whatever rate it is showing plus the taxes. ALso most sites has a restriction of the number of GVs (mostly 3).

If you book directly, you are likely to get loyalty points (typically around 5-10%). Also you can book using points.