• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best way to book Marriott hotel using Amex or HDFC Marriott card ?

sidhantjain

TF Buzz
So I am travelling in end of December / First 2 weeks of January to the USA and Mexico. I need to make several hotel bookings across destinations for the trip. I want to figure out the best way to make these bookings to maximise benefits. I currently have
- Amex Plat Travel Card with 10L limit
- Infinia with 25L limit
- HDFC Marriott Card ( this is in process , should get it soon with shared limit )

I have just joined Marriott and have no points balance as of now, but will get Silver status in a few weeks/months from HDFC Marriott card.
I will reach the 4L milestone on Amex even if I don't make these bookings on it as I have moved all my spending from Infinia to Amex for the most part.

I am still researching hotels to book ( Vegas, Cabo, Tulum, Cancun ) but one of the hotels I have already identified is the Comspoliton in Las Vegas which is a Marriott hotel. I want to book this hotel for 4 nights.
Prices I am getting for this hotel :
- MMT : ₹ 1,70,448(USD 2,053)
- Cosmopoliton Website : ₹ 189265.42
- Marriott Website : 2,278.94USD

Now I need help is that should I book using Amex Plat Travel + MMT or HDFC Marriott + Cosmo/Marriott website or HDFC Infinia + Smartbuy ( via MMT ) ?
Do I get the 8 points per 150 if I book via Cosmo website using HDFC Marriott as well or is it just valid via Marriott website ?

If and how should I make best use of the best price gaurantee that Marriott offers ?