• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hotel Points Marriott Hotel Booking via Amex

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Planning to travel to Poland in August. Will be making my first redemption booking on hotels. Verte in Warsaw is one of the hotels I have shortlisted. Getting a value of approx 0.8 INR per MR via Amex, the maximum I am able to get using MB. Is it worth it or should I look for a better alternative for redemption?

IMG_20230623_155415.jpg

Gaurav Goel

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Its a very good value, typically in India majority of the hotels give value of 0.5-0.6 only a few new Marriott properties give a value of 1.2-2.

Usually international hotels give a value of 0.75-1.2, except for some hotels in Maldives which give a great value.

codenerd

TF Ace
Transfer it directly to Bonvoy
Is there any base rate just for understanding as to how much 1 Marriott Bonvoy point is equivalent to compared to 1rupee?
I just want an idea to come to a conclusion how much is 1 MR point equivalent to incase i transfer my MR points to Marriott Bonvoy in 1:1

Gaurav Goel

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Is there any base rate just for understanding as to how much 1 Marriott Bonvoy point is equivalent to compared to 1rupee?
I just want an idea to come to a conclusion how much is 1 MR point equivalent to incase i transfer my MR points to Marriott Bonvoy in 1:1
The newer properties in India and properties in Maldives will give u the best rate. For example you can book a 35k per night hotel (Westin Resort Himalayas Rishikesh) for 15k points, Courtyard Aravali in Faridabad typically goes for INR 18k per night for 15k points. Whereas old business hotels like JW Mariott and all will ask for 2-2.5 times for points compared to their revenue rate.

So, if you are booking newer expensive properties or international hotels you can get value above 2 times for 1 MR point

SYM

TF Buzz
Folks, Can we book multiple city hotels of Marriot in one country.
For Ex. If i want to visit Australia can i book 2 days in sydney ,2 days in melborne , couple in canberra and Brisbane . Is there any way to use my Bonvoy points like this?

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Folks, Can we book multiple city hotels of Marriot in one country.
For Ex. If i want to visit Australia can i book 2 days in sydney ,2 days in melborne , couple in canberra and Brisbane . Is there any way to use my Bonvoy points like this?
yeah, i dont see a reason why you cannot. these will be multiple bookings though and not a single one

SYM

TF Buzz
yeah, i dont see a reason why you cannot. these will be multiple bookings though and not a single one
I mean to say like flight bookings with multiple cities. likewise, hotels for multiple cities in single booking?

SYM

TF Buzz
Does Marriot hotels offer Free breakfast? I didnt see that option for India hotels anywhere mentioned on their website .

pmhunter

TF Select
Does Marriot hotels offer Free breakfast? I didnt see that option for India hotels anywhere mentioned on their website .
Depends on the room. Call the hotel directly to confirm. Platinum elite members can choose Free Breakfast as welcome gift.

Reactions: SYM

khaitan.rajesh29

TF Select
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Complimentary breakfast is there for Platinum and above. Few hotels front desk team/reservations also adds it on complimentary basis if you request them.

khaitan.rajesh29

TF Select
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I mean to say like flight bookings with multiple cities. likewise, hotels for multiple cities in single booking?
Hotel bookings cannot be done for multiple cities in single booking except in rare cases like Kerala Taj booking package where multiple Taj hotels of different Kerala cities can be booked together. However, that's quite rare.