• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Accor booking via points query

hritiksakshi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Dear all

As you are well aware of yesterday's Devaluation of the mighty hdfc twins infinia and dcb.... The main affected programme was accor wherein now the transfer ratio is 2:1 post January

I have a dcb and some 25k reward points accumulated therein. Was planning a European vacation this summer. And planned to use these points for accor as good value.

I am an accor silver member till 5th February.....got the silver status due to purchasing accorplus basic membership and don't plan to renew the same.

Which means I will be relegated to bronze/lower level of status post 5th Feb as I have not accumulated enough nights

The travel plan is in April 2024.

I will be travelling to paris, Zurich, Lucerne, Interlaken and lauterbrunnen. Thereafter Salzburg, vienna and Prague.

I and wife are more of a budget travellers and prefer to stay outdoors during the day and explore the place than stay and enjoy the hotel/resorts .......

and will be booking likewise mostly Ibis stays.... Yes after our trip ends possibly we ll take a one day good rest at vienna at some good property to relax ourselves before flying back to mumbai..

Just one thing though... We both are vegetarians and my wife is very choosy eater at that (being jain) and prefers to carry her own ready to eat food. When we went to Singapore we got a really good hotel with inbuilt kitchenette for her cooking needs. Not sure about Europe thought.

We thought of taking Airbnb or apartment but since it's only two of us travelling, not sure if the costs are gonna remain competitive?

Now I have few doubts.... Please help if you can.

1) are accor hotels good options for our travel needs ?

2) if I make all my bookings before 5th Feb (till my silver status is active) will they honor the member rates selected at actual visit? Also should I burn the points at booking itself or at redemption time during checkout?

3) will my points expire or get devalued if I use them after 5th Feb once my silver status ends?

4) what is the usual expiry of accor points?

5) read somewhere that accor gives excellent value of 1.8:1 for points .....how this happens? Does it work only at offline redemption or its the same case if paid upfront during booking on accor site?

sahilgulati5

TF Select
U can see the expiry of the points in th accor app. Budget hotel are good. 1 point = 1.8rs.. If valid for both online & Offline

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Dear all

As you are well aware of yesterday's Devaluation of the mighty hdfc twins infinia and dcb.... The main affected programme was accor wherein now the transfer ratio is 2:1 post January

I have a dcb and some 25k reward points accumulated therein. Was planning a European vacation this summer. And planned to use these points for accor as good value.

I am an accor silver member till 5th February.....got the silver status due to purchasing accorplus basic membership and don't plan to renew the same.

Which means I will be relegated to bronze/lower level of status post 5th Feb as I have not accumulated enough nights

The travel plan is in April 2024.

I will be travelling to paris, Zurich, Lucerne, Interlaken and lauterbrunnen. Thereafter Salzburg, vienna and Prague.

I and wife are more of a budget travellers and prefer to stay outdoors during the day and explore the place than stay and enjoy the hotel/resorts .......

and will be booking likewise mostly Ibis stays.... Yes after our trip ends possibly we ll take a one day good rest at vienna at some good property to relax ourselves before flying back to mumbai..

Just one thing though... We both are vegetarians and my wife is very choosy eater at that (being jain) and prefers to carry her own ready to eat food. When we went to Singapore we got a really good hotel with inbuilt kitchenette for her cooking needs. Not sure about Europe thought.

We thought of taking Airbnb or apartment but since it's only two of us travelling, not sure if the costs are gonna remain competitive?

Now I have few doubts.... Please help if you can.

1) are accor hotels good options for our travel needs ?

2) if I make all my bookings before 5th Feb (till my silver status is active) will they honor the member rates selected at actual visit? Also should I burn the points at booking itself or at redemption time during checkout?

3) will my points expire or get devalued if I use them after 5th Feb once my silver status ends?

4) what is the usual expiry of accor points?

5) read somewhere that accor gives excellent value of 1.8:1 for points .....how this happens? Does it work only at offline redemption or its the same case if paid upfront during booking on accor site?
1. Totally depends on you
2. Yes. Your booking amount will not change. Burn it during the booking if you can. If you can't, preferably during the check in.
3. No. Points have an expiry of 1 year from the last activity. You can check the expiry date in the app or website.
4. Read point 3
5. Its 2000 points = 40 euros. So you get around 1.8 value per point for stay and 0.9 value per point for f&b(without stay)

Last edited:

basant

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
1. Totally depends on you
2. Yes. Your booking amount will not change. Burn while booking if you can. If you can't, preferably during the check in.
3. No. Points have an expiry of 1 year from the last activity. You can check the expiry date in the app or website.
4. Read point 3
5. Its 2000 points = 40 euros. So you get around 1.8 value per point for stay and 0.9 value per point for f&b(without stay)
Regarding point no. 3 , our points will never expire if
we just transfervsome points to accor before points expiry??

hritiksakshi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thnx guys...

Just one more doubt?

Those who have stayed in European hotels...do they provide a kettle in room and can u use that to make RTE food like Maggie, dal etc? Or they fine you?

Secondly is Airbnb more sensible option or hotels? For one couple only

xxScriptzxx

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thnx guys...

Just one more doubt?

Those who have stayed in European hotels...do they provide a kettle in room and can u use that to make RTE food like Maggie, dal etc? Or they fine you?

Secondly is Airbnb more sensible option or hotels? For one couple only
Very good question. All ibis and ibis styles of accor group dont have kettle in room atleast in whole of switzerland and in spain too. They have a common hot water vending machine kept besides the reception. This is from my recent experience a month a back. Better carry something if you plan to stay in ibis. In basel, i stayed in novotel which had a kettle and i used it for maggie, rasam etc

xxScriptzxx

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If you are traveling with wife and no kids, you should use your accor points and stay in accor hotels in europe. They are complete value for money, you save a lot of INR since your meal/liquor all gets settled via points.

In switzerland, where things are really expensive, accor points add more value.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
If you are traveling with wife and no kids, you should use your accor points and stay in accor hotels in europe. They are complete value for money, you save a lot of INR since your meal/liquor all gets settled via points.

Can you please share the switzerland hotels with city names, number of nights and points burned?

SteelSh0t

TF Premier
Also, I'm an Accor silver member but there is no difference in prices if you pay through points.
The only advantage is Welcome drink and late checkout

xxScriptzxx

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Can you please share the switzerland hotels with city names, number of nights and points burned?
Stayed at ibis styles zurich city centre for 2 nights, burned 18k points while booking and another 5k points during checkout. Best part of ibis styles zurich was they had vending machine which had red bull, beer, water and even that could be added to room and paid with points during checkout.

Booked aparthotel adagio basel by burning 16k points for 2 nights while booking and burned another 6k points during checkout.

Some hotels say that the bar/restaurant is not integrated in the main billing, do confirm before booking.

Become accor silver since you save 10% while booking from app and you get late checkout which is valuable in europe. In barcelona, i did late checkout till 9 pm which was amazing.

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Also, I'm an Accor silver member but there is no difference in prices if you pay through points.
The only advantage is Welcome drink and late checkout
Depends on the property. With silver you will get Accor plus member rate which is lower than accor member rate.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Stayed at ibis styles zurich city centre for 2 nights, burned 18k points while booking and another 5k points during checkout. Best part of ibis styles zurich was they had vending machine which had red bull, beer, water and even that could be added to room and paid with points during checkout.

Booked aparthotel adagio basel by burning 16k points for 2 nights while booking and burned another 6k points during checkout.

Some hotels say that the bar/restaurant is not integrated in the main billing, do confirm before booking.

Become accor silver since you save 10% while booking from app and you get late checkout which is valuable in europe. In barcelona, i did late checkout till 9 pm which was amazing.

I have accor plus, but accor plus rates are not applicable in Europe. Did u take ibis/voyegeur memberships? It doesn't allow me to purchase that, as I already have accor plus.

xxScriptzxx

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have accor plus, but accor plus rates are not applicable in Europe. Did u take ibis/voyegeur memberships? It doesn't allow me to purchase that, as I already have accor plus.
You still get member rates when booked with app which gives you 10% discount. I only have the accor plus indian membership.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge

I see ibis styles Zurich city has flexible rate with free zoo ticket. But it is not giving points option for this rate.

Any idea if i can book this without points and then pay using Points at checkout?

what happens if there are kids ?