• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best credit card for different types of transactions

Kanjoos

TF Buzz
Hi Guys,

I've been trying to prepare an excel to compile best credit cards in various categories. Have tried to fill up (to the best of my knowledge) for the cards I have (Please correct me if I'm mistaken anywhere). Please expand the sheet. Can add only 10 rows in the default table, so attached my excel file as well.
Spend categoryHDFC Millenia (CB)SBI Cashback (CB)Amazon Pay (CB)SBI Simply Click (RP)Axis Magnus (RP)
(% calculated on redeeming on airline partners which gives max value)
HDFC Infinia (RP)
RentNoNo4.8% on upto 50k max per monthMaximum 1665 points, that is points accrued only up to transactions worth ₹50K per month.
Utilities1%, 5% by Standing instructions in HDFC account1%2%4.8%3.33%
Amazon5%5%5%1.25%14.4% through Amazon coupon on Gyftr3.33%, 15% through Amazon coupon
@Gyftr
Flipkart5%5%1%1.25%24% on Grabdeals and coupon on Gyftr3.33% (10% on Smartbuy)
16.5% on Flipkart coupon thru Smartbuy
Bookmyshow5%5%1%2.5%4.8%; 5 times 1 on 1 free upto 500Rs each3.33%
Swiggy and Zomato5%5%1%1.25%26.5% and 29% using Swiggy and Zomato coupon respectively on Gyftr 16.25% using Swiggy coupon on Gyftr
Offline1%1%1%0.25%4.8%3.33%
Flights5%5%1%1.25%24% on travel edge33% on Cleartrip, 16.5% on Goibibo, Yatra, EMT on Smartbuy
Insurance premium1%No2%No14.4% using Amazon pay coupon3.33%15% using Amazon voucher on Amazon pay

Attachments

• Credit Card.xlsx
    34.3 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
For Amazon/Flipkart/Swiggy, you haven't added Axis Gyftr GV option for Magnus. Swiggy on HDFC Smartbuy as well.
Also for Magnus you can write 4.8% return as miles since for Infinia you have mentioned 3.33%

Last edited:

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Two doubts:
1. Are we still getting RPs for rent for Magnus and infinia??
2. Why you specifically wrote 33% for cleartrip and 16% for goibibo, yatra and emt. Infinia benefit is different if we choose cleartrip?? is it same for DCB as well?
Also for BMS 1 on 1, effectively you are getting around 65-70% discount on bms given they charge around 15% convenience fees. Not sure if this fees is variable or same throughout india.

srichaitanya

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi Guys,

I've been trying to prepare an excel to compile best credit cards in various categories. Have tried to fill up (to the best of my knowledge) for the cards I have (Please correct me if I'm mistaken anywhere). Please expand the sheet. Can add only 10 rows in the default table, so attached my excel file as well.
Spend categoryHDFC Millenia (CB)SBI Cashback (CB)Amazon Pay (CB)SBI Simply Click (RP)Axis Magnus (RP)HDFC Infinia (RP)
RentNoNo1.2% on upto 50k max per monthMaximum 1665 points, that is points accrued only up to transactions worth ₹50K per month.
Utilities1%, 5% by Standing instructions in HDFC account1%2%1.2%3.33%
Amazon5%5%5%1.25%1.2%3.33%, 15% through Amazon coupon
Flipkart5%5%1%1.25%1.2% (6% on Grabdeals)3.33% (10% on Smartbuy)
16.5% on Flipkart coupon thru Smartbuy
Bookmyshow5%5%1%2.5%1.2%; 5 times 1 on 1 free upto 500Rs each3.33%
Swiggy5%5%1%1.25%1.2%3.33%
Offline1%1%1%0.25%1.2%3.33%
Flights5%5%1%1.25%6% on travel edge33% on Cleartrip, 16.5% on Goibibo, Yatra, EMT on Smartbuy
Insurance premium1%NoNoNo1.2%3.33%
SBI Cashback gives 1% and ICICI Amazonpay gives 2% for insurance premium payment. Also can you include more categories in Offline like Dining, Grocery and Jewellery/Gold purchases.

mumblebee

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I pay 55k rent to my parents. Made a registered rent agreement to be on safe side.
Paid through redgiraffe + DCB in Jan and Feb first week and got the 1815 reward points(3.3%) in both months. Not sure if the said change from 1st Jan had been delayed or if the underlying MCC is different and they haven't figured it yet .

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I pay 55k rent to my parents. Made a registered rent agreement to be on safe side.
Paid through redgiraffe + DCB in Jan and Feb first week and got the 1815 reward points(3.3%) in both months. Not sure if the said change from 1st Jan had been delayed or if the underlying MCC is different and they haven't figured it yet .
May be MCC from red giraffe is different. For my last statement generated on Jan 13, my rent payment (done via Red Giraffe) points came under category "Reward points for Insurance Transaction" 😅

ak93

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
May be MCC from red giraffe is different. For my last statement generated on Jan 13, my rent payment (done via Red Giraffe) points came under category "Reward points for Insurance Transaction" 😅
Hopefully this is not a loophole which HDFC will close soon and a way for genuine rent payers to get RP since redgiraffe requires rent agreement and other details to verify the tenancy.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hopefully this is not a loophole which HDFC will close soon and a way for genuine rent payers to get RP since redgiraffe requires rent agreement and other details to verify the tenancy.
I think RG requires PAN of the receiver as well agreement. HDFC does not charge 1% for the first transaction. Rent transactions are still included for milestone benefits too. So people are not impacted.

thunderbolt

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I got reward points for paying Jan, Feb rent through Redgiraffe using Regalia.

ak93

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I think RG requires PAN of the receiver as well agreement. HDFC does not charge 1% for the first transaction. Rent transactions are still included for milestone benefits too. So people are not impacted.
Right, so their move to not give RP for rent transactions was mainly for money rotators using cred, paytm and other such vendors which don't verify the authenticity of rent payment.

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Right, so their move to not give RP for rent transactions was mainly for money rotators using cred, paytm and other such vendors which don't verify the authenticity of rent payment.
If this is the case. It's good as we paying genuine rent :)

Kanjoos

TF Buzz
For Amazon/Flipkart/Swiggy, you haven't added Axis Gyftr GV option for Magnus. Swiggy on HDFC Smartbuy as well.
Also for Magnus you can write 4.8% return as miles since for Infinia you have mentioned 3.33%
Thanks for the correction buddy. Made the changes. Pls check and confirm.

Kanjoos

TF Buzz
Two doubts:
1. Are we still getting RPs for rent for Magnus and infinia??
2. Why you specifically wrote 33% for cleartrip and 16% for goibibo, yatra and emt. Infinia benefit is different if we choose cleartrip?? is it same for DCB as well?
Also for BMS 1 on 1, effectively you are getting around 65-70% discount on bms given they charge around 15% convenience fees. Not sure if this fees is variable or same throughout india.
I received this month on Magnus. Need confirmation on Infinia. Cleartrip I found had 2x compared to others on Smartbuy

Kanjoos

TF Buzz
SBI Cashback gives 1% and ICICI Amazonpay gives 2% for insurance premium payment. Also can you include more categories in Offline like Dining, Grocery and Jewellery/Gold purchases.
I received SBI cashback last week itself and it explicitly mentions that no CB on rent, insurance etc. Amazon pay I'm not sure but edited as per your suggestion. I can add only 10 rows in the default table template on the portal :/

Kanjoos

TF Buzz
I'm unable to add my MCC on Redgiraffe? How did you do it?