• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best credit card for different types of transactions

mumblebee

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Can you tell about the RedGiraffe cash/cashback of 5% that you get? Is it useful and do you actually get it? Please shed some light upon it.
I feel it's kinda useless unless you are a big spender.

You can buy many giftcards for which you can pay a percentage of the amount from that redgiraffe points.
The only useful one I found was 9% on Myntra.

A 1000Rs myntra giftcard costed me 910 + 90 redgiraffe points. But this 910 had to be UPI since they charge some convenience fee if using card.
There are many more giftcards that you can buy but for smaller percentage offers. Also the checkout was a bit of a hustle. But it does work.

raniphore

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi Guys,

I've been trying to prepare an excel to compile best credit cards in various categories. Have tried to fill up (to the best of my knowledge) for the cards I have (Please correct me if I'm mistaken anywhere). Please expand the sheet. Can add only 10 rows in the default table, so attached my excel file as well.
Spend categoryHDFC Millenia (CB)SBI Cashback (CB)Amazon Pay (CB)SBI Simply Click (RP)Axis Magnus (RP)
(% calculated on redeeming on airline partners which gives max value)
HDFC Infinia (RP)
RentNoNo4.8% on upto 50k max per monthMaximum 1665 points, that is points accrued only up to transactions worth ₹50K per month.
Utilities1%, 5% by Standing instructions in HDFC account1%2%4.8%3.33%
Amazon5%5%5%1.25%14.4% through Amazon coupon on Gyftr3.33%, 15% through Amazon coupon
@Gyftr
Flipkart5%5%1%1.25%24% on Grabdeals and coupon on Gyftr3.33% (10% on Smartbuy)
16.5% on Flipkart coupon thru Smartbuy
Bookmyshow5%5%1%2.5%4.8%; 5 times 1 on 1 free upto 500Rs each3.33%
Swiggy and Zomato5%5%1%1.25%26.5% and 29% using Swiggy and Zomato coupon respectively on Gyftr16.25% using Swiggy coupon on Gyftr
Offline1%1%1%0.25%4.8%3.33%
Flights5%5%1%1.25%24% on travel edge33% on Cleartrip, 16.5% on Goibibo, Yatra, EMT on Smartbuy
Insurance premium1%No2%No14.4% using Amazon pay coupon3.33%15% using Amazon voucher on Amazon pay
Offline Axis ace gives 2%

bugmenot

TF Ace
I received SBI cashback last week itself and it explicitly mentions that no CB on rent, insurance etc. Amazon pay I'm not sure but edited as per your suggestion. I can add only 10 rows in the default table template on the portal :/
you may want to create Google Sheet and share link. It will always have live data and can be accessed any time.

Hi Guys,

I've been trying to prepare an excel to compile best credit cards in various categories. Have tried to fill up (to the best of my knowledge) for the cards I have (Please correct me if I'm mistaken anywhere). Please expand the sheet. Can add only 10 rows in the default table, so attached my excel file as well.
Spend categoryHDFC Millenia (CB)SBI Cashback (CB)Amazon Pay (CB)SBI Simply Click (RP)Axis Magnus (RP)
HDFC Infinia (RP)
RentNoNo4.8% on upto 50k max per monthMaximum 1665 points, that is points accrued only up to transactions worth ₹50K per month.
Amazon5%5%5%1.25%14.4% through Amazon coupon on Gyftr3.33%, 15% through Amazon coupon
@Gyftr
Swiggy and Zomato5%5%1%1.25%26.5% and 29% using Swiggy and Zomato coupon respectively on Gyftr16.25% using Swiggy coupon on Gyftr
Flights5%5%1%1.25%24% on travel edge33% on Cleartrip, 16.5% on Goibibo, Yatra, EMT on Smartbuy
Insurance premium1%No2%No14.4% using Amazon pay coupon3.33%15% using Amazon voucher on Amazon pay
Mujhe bhi card banvana h icici ka

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I guess this hasn't been fixed since redgiraffe needs rent agreements and hence only legitimate rent payments are done through it.
Waiting for your latest update @gurubhai
Have left my magnus application half filled. Once you confirm this is still true, will go ahead with it. 😋
Guys got my rent RPs under this category "Reward Points for Insurance Txn" when paid via Red giraffe.
Enjoy till it last :)

yashkirtisinha

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I’ve already bought Swiggy Money voucher of 2000 through gyftr Smartbuy which is the max value offering. Is 2000 the limit or can I buy again and get same benefits?
Basically, what’s the capping on Swiggy money through gyftr Smartbuy

Last edited:

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I’ve already bought Swiggy Money voucher of 2000 through gyftr Smartbuy which is the max value offering. Is 2000 the limit or can I buy again and get same benefits?
Basically, what’s the capping on Swiggy money through gyftr Smartbuy
I don't think there is any capping on swiggy money voucher in HDFC Smartbuy Gyftr. But I think swiggy money wallet can be loaded only upto 10k per calendar month.

faraaz303

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi Guys,

HDFC Infinia (RP)
@Gyftr
Super job. Can someone update it to the latest scenario where most cards are useless for rent and utilities?

eatpepsi

TF Select
Can anyone help me understand how i can get "33% on Cleartrip, 16.5% on Goibibo, Yatra, EMT on Smartbuy" for buying flight tickets with my INFINIA ?
Is it through the HDFC smart buy portal only ? how are we getting 33% ???

bugmenot

TF Ace
Can anyone help me understand how i can get "33% on Cleartrip, 16.5% on Goibibo, Yatra, EMT on Smartbuy" for buying flight tickets with my INFINIA ?
Is it through the HDFC smart buy portal only ? how are we getting 33% ???
Infinia has 3.3% as base reward. If a merchant is available for 10x/5x reward multiplier than it becomes 33%/16.5% respectively.

eatpepsi

TF Select
Infinia has 3.3% as base reward. If a merchant is available for 10x/5x reward multiplier than it becomes 33%/16.5% respectively.
This applies even when we purchase with smart buy because when booking a flight it gives option to choose a partner, if we use cleartrip we get more RP ? Annotation 2023-03-30 004249.png

so we have to choose cleartip here ?

Because here it shows that all are 5x

Annotation 2023-03-30 004250.png

eatpepsi

TF Select
what is the best credit card to pay for fuel ? and what is this surcharge waiver they keep talking about... can someone please shed some light on this ??