• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best credit card for different types of transactions

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I'm unable to add my MCC on Redgiraffe? How did you do it?
I didn't get you. I just registered on Red Giraffe with all my and my landlord details with rent agreement and paid the rent. Thats it.
MCC is merchant category code, you can add it somewhere. It is fixed.

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Cleartrip I found had 2x compared to others on Smartbuy
I am gonna try this for my next flight then. Hopefully it works for DCB as well.
Also I have seen some video on youtube where people mentioned they still getting 10x for flight as well. but they didn't mention the partner site they used.
Lets see.

Kanjoos

TF Buzz
I didn't get you. I just registered on Red Giraffe with all my and my landlord details with rent agreement and paid the rent. Thats it.
My bad! I meant I'm unable to add my Magnus card in Redgiraffe or Payzapp. Had to use Nobroker to make the rent payment which charged substantial commission. Any idea if I can use my Magnus on redgiraffe?

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
My bad! I meant I'm unable to add my Magnus card in Redgiraffe or Payzapp. Had to use Nobroker to make the rent payment which charged substantial commission. Any idea if I can use my Magnus on redgiraffe?
Were you able to create your red giraffe id for rent?
Red giraffe sends you an email giving all the methods to pay rent via that Red Giraffe id. One of them is via Payzap. Just explore other options if you have trouble linking your magnus with payzap. Or refer to threads here on this forum. Many people might have faced this issue.
But from next month, magnus devaluation comes into picture... so evaluate on that part too if it is still beneficial for you.

ak93

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
How long did verification take for you? I have registered in redgiraffe using the hdfc link but it's been under verification since few weeks now!

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
How long did verification take for you? I have registered in redgiraffe using the hdfc link but it's been under verification since few weeks now!
2 days. Received a call from their team as well when my verification was succesful.

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Were you able to create your red giraffe id for rent?
Red giraffe sends you an email giving all the methods to pay rent via that Red Giraffe id. One of them is via Payzap. Just explore other options if you have trouble linking your magnus with payzap. Or refer to threads here on this forum. Many people might have faced this issue.
But from next month, magnus devaluation comes into picture... so evaluate on that part too if it is still beneficial for you.
Is rent payment via RedGiraffe coming under Insurance spends valid for HDFC only or can be true for Magnus also? In that case, Magnus devaluation can be avoided

cm9

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
"16.25% using Swiggy coupon on Gyftr"

Can you please explain how to use Gyftr with axis magnus credit card ?
Thank You

mumblebee

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Is rent payment via RedGiraffe coming under Insurance spends valid for HDFC only or can be true for Magnus also? In that case, Magnus devaluation can be avoided
You have to test and try it 😅 I will confirm after 14th after my next month bill generation. Last month it was under insurance points.

I guess this hasn't been fixed since redgiraffe needs rent agreements and hence only legitimate rent payments are done through it.
Waiting for your latest update @gurubhai
Have left my magnus application half filled. Once you confirm this is still true, will go ahead with it. 😋

codenerd

TF Ace
Can someone pls tell me which would be the best card to pay 19.5K monthly rent legitimately via RedGiraffe. I dont have any super premium card so pls dont insist me Magnus/Infinia etc:ROFLMAO:

I have 2 AMEX cards (RG doesnt accept that)
Recently applied for Diners Club Privilege.
AmazonPay (Dont think it has any benefit) for using it on RG.

If I need to apply for a new card to pay 19.5K monthly rent and utilize to the max potential, then pls suggest me different options!

codenerd

TF Ace
I pay 55k rent to my parents. Made a registered rent agreement to be on safe side.
Paid through redgiraffe + DCB in Jan and Feb first week and got the 1815 reward points(3.3%) in both months. Not sure if the said change from 1st Jan had been delayed or if the underlying MCC is different and they haven't figured it yet .
Can you tell about the RedGiraffe cash/cashback of 5% that you get? Is it useful and do you actually get it? Please shed some light upon it.