• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Banks have started disabling AePS

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Last edited:

praful47

TF Premier
Agreed. Which is why I'm happy that banks have started disabling it
Meanwhile, make sure your biometrics are locked (till all banks disable AePS)
Disabling aadhar biometric can be a problem as sometimes uidai servers are slow , and when you need to access your fingerprint uidai servers might not respond and one can face problem.

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Disabling aadhar biometric can be a problem as sometimes uidai servers are slow , and when you need to access your fingerprint uidai servers might not respond and one can face problem.
That's true. But at the moment that's the only way not to fall victim to AePS frauds

Reactions: SSV

techt

TF Legend
Aadhar enabled payment system, where your fingerprints are enough to transfer money into my account!!
All I need is somehow get your fingerprints then all your money is mine !! ;)
This is the exact reason I use gloves, spoon 🥄 to eat at ssv Tiffin center
The Simpsons Animation GIF by FOX TV

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Aadhar enabled payment system, where your fingerprints are enough to transfer money into my account!!
All I need is somehow get your fingerprints then all your money is mine !! ;)

Do you want to enable AePS or not ??
Btw , until now by default all accounts are AePS enabled
In villages it the way to get money out of account

doraemon

TF Ace
That's actually a good system for rural and poor people to get their money by simply using their biometric
But the thing is they have not put any safeguards

Regarding fingerprint I think everywhere they took our fingerprint
I yesterday ported my number from bsnl to Airtel thier umbrella man took my fingerprint
On ration card shops they also take fingerprints
And many other places

It's same like credit card swap
Which got famous in early plastic money era

ritwik2000

TF Premier
NPCI did a good thing by issuing a circular instructing the banks provide a option to disable the AEPS facility last year. I hope RBI and NPCI does something for the UPI Chain freeze issue. So many reports I see everyday on Twitter. There are people who use their main account to do UPI transactions.

doraemon

TF Ace
NPCI did a good thing by issuing a circular instructing the banks the option to disable the AEPS facility last year. I hope RBI and NPCI does something for the UPI Chain freeze issue. So many reports I see everyday on Twitter. There are people who use their main account to do UPI transactions.
Yeah that's true
Saw many threads here and on desidime last year about sudden freezes

Its so scary if u just have one savings account with all your money