• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Banks have started disabling AePS

#aniket

TF Ace
NPCI did a good thing by issuing a circular instructing the banks provide a option to disable the AEPS facility last year.
Is this available on your banking account? An option to enable or disable?
I hope RBI and NPCI does something for the UPI Chain freeze issue. So many reports I see everyday on Twitter. There are people who use their main account to do UPI transactions.
This is such a serious issue, some innocents are/can get trapped due to senseless system. They instruct the bank to make total debit freeze instead of applying lein on that particular reported txn for several months, usually even they are not approachable or helpful. It's very very scary, usually this is instructed from the cyber departments of Gujarat, Chennai, Hyderabad or some other cities or states.

Not only this, there's no proper channel to unfreeze our own account though being innocent or acted on a good faith. One has to compromise his own money, time, effort, mental peace, opportunity cost and what not.🥲

deep@vie

TF Legend
Disabling aadhar biometric can be a problem as sometimes uidai servers are slow , and when you need to access your fingerprint uidai servers might not respond and one can face problem.
This isn't an issue anymore as it's available via mAadhar app. I faced this issue while visiting AmarnathJi last year,had to waste hours in order to unlock it for RFID tag issual.

Reactions: SSV

deep@vie

TF Legend
Aadhar enabled payment system, where your fingerprints are enough to transfer money into my account!!
All I need is somehow get your fingerprints then all your money is mine !! ;)

Do you want to enable AePS or not ??
Btw , until now by default all accounts are AePS enabled
That was a dumb move to enable them by default.

Last edited:

Trust Me

TF Ace
Meanwhile, make sure your biometrics are locked (till all banks disable AePS)

Why all banks? For any particular individual, isn't it sufficient that just the banks he/she is a customer of disable AePS before the lock can be safely removed ?!