• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bank Wise Minimum CIBIL Score for Card Approval

Theron

TF Premier
I am holding 14 Credit cards right now. All I got them within last 2 years. I had 3 late payments in 2020. One was of 852 days late and two were of 59 days late. Till now my CIBIL score never crossed 750. Closest was 746. Still I got almost all credit cards. Mostly visa platinum varient. But now difficult to get BoB and HSBC (Both got rejected). Amex didn't apply considering chances of rejection. Can any body share minimum CIBIL score requirement for all Bank credit cards?

rockyBalboa

TF Premier
Well anything above 750 is considered good. But again, there's no fixed rule as credit card approvals depend on variety of other factors and bank's internal policies. You never crossed 750 and still hold majority bank cards and on the other hand I have seen many people with good scores still struggling to get basic cards. This proves the point that there's more than just credit score that is taken into consideration. Timely payments, low credit utilisation, moderate enquiries and good credit mix are surely going to be considered positively when bank's consider card applications.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I am holding 14 Credit cards right now. All I got them within last 2 years. I had 3 late payments in 2020. One was of 852 days late and two were of 59 days late. Till now my CIBIL score never crossed 750. Closest was 746. Still I got almost all credit cards. Mostly visa platinum varient. But now difficult to get BoB and HSBC (Both got rejected). Amex didn't apply considering chances of rejection. Can any body share minimum CIBIL score requirement for all Bank credit cards?
14 cards with Cibil score less than 750 is in itself a achievement.

I guess you have already answered your question here

Seth

TF Premier
bro au card is my 1st unsecured card i applied in july 2022 , that time i had a 733 cibil score and i got 20k limit without any income proof and i got au altura card and it was preety good experience in terms of cashback
Do you had account with them?
My application in August rejected , I have 765 CIBIL now and new AU account.
Have Axis, SBI cc thinking to apply LIT card but not took risk fearing rejection.
Should I apply?

RHH

TF Buzz
Do you had account with them?
My application in August rejected , I have 765 CIBIL now and new AU account.
Have Axis, SBI cc thinking to apply LIT card but not took risk fearing rejection.
Should I apply?
Yes had savings account from very long back

ramirami

TF Select
I have a theory here. Anyone with very low CIBIL will have problems because the bank does not trust at all so won't issue credit cards.
Someone with very high CIBIL probably has decent borrowing and repayment activity and expenditure and the bank thinks it can earn money from interchange fees / MDR. So bank will issue cards if CIBIL is high and income is good enough which often implies decent spending.

On the other hand,if someone has a somewhat long credit history with some missed payments - a small number, not too many -- the bank hopes that this person will repeat it and the bank will make lots of money as interest / finance charges, late payment fees etc. and because this person has been paying properly on most occasions, the loan will probably be paid off eventually. This makes it very lucrative for the bank. So, my theory is that people with long credit histories with occasional late payments are the most desirable borrowers from the banks's point of view and will be able to get many cards.

This is all just conjecture from my side, but to me, it makes sense.

Theron

TF Premier
I have a theory here. Anyone with very low CIBIL will have problems because the bank does not trust at all so won't issue credit cards.
Someone with very high CIBIL probably has decent borrowing and repayment activity and expenditure and the bank thinks it can earn money from interchange fees / MDR. So bank will issue cards if CIBIL is high and income is good enough which often implies decent spending.

On the other hand,if someone has a somewhat long credit history with some missed payments - a small number, not too many -- the bank hopes that this person will repeat it and the bank will make lots of money as interest / finance charges, late payment fees etc. and because this person has been paying properly on most occasions, the loan will probably be paid off eventually. This makes it very lucrative for the bank. So, my theory is that people with long credit histories with occasional late payments are the most desirable borrowers from the banks's point of view and will be able to get many cards.

This is all just conjecture from my side, but to me, it makes sense.
I think this may be the reason. My Credit History is 14 years old and had 3 late payments still managed to get so many cards.

pra1968

TF Select
What is your lowest score