• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Devaluation Axis Magnus & Magnus Burgundy Credit Card Huge Devaluation Effective From 20th April 2024

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Finally they have updated traveledge portal with new rules.

Fortunately or Unfortunately Magnus Burgundy/Edge points status is same as before. U can still transfer edge points in 5:4, but not until u make MB zero.

So where will you guys be shifting to ?
I still kept this card after last devaluation only for the unlimited domestic lounge access, Meet & Greet and BookMyshow BOGO. Any other card offering the similar services ?

drsel

TF Legend
I still kept this card after last devaluation only for the unlimited domestic lounge access, Meet & Greet and BookMyshow BOGO. Any other card offering the similar services ?
Magnus burgundy is for unlimited International Lounge access + 4 guest visits and 4 meet and greet.
No buy one get one on BookMyShow after 20 April (use Burgundy debit card or IndusInd exclusive debit card)
Domestic Lounge access needs 50000 spend in the previous quarter

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
No card offers Meet and Greet except Magnus Burgundy, Burgundy Private. BOGO and Unlimited/Limited lounges are available with some ICICI and IndusInd cards.

rogerthat

TF Ace
Sadly there isn't anywhere to shift. There are no worthwhile Indian credit cards anymore.

Namans

TF Select
VIP Lounge

I got the AU Zenith+
5000+GST but you get RP worth 5000 back so basically just pay the GST part
1 meet and greet per qtr
4 BOGO upto 500 per qtr
4 Domestic & 4 intl lounge per qtr
Its definitely not Magnus but All that for 900 rupees isn't a bad deal at all IMO.

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I got the AU Zenith+
5000+GST but you get RP worth 5000 back so basically just pay the GST part
1 meet and greet per qtr
4 BOGO upto 500 per qtr
4 Domestic & 4 intl lounge per qtr
Its definitely not Magnus but All that for 900 rupees isn't a bad deal at all IMO.
Do you get points on renewal fee paying as well?

Namans

TF Select
VIP Lounge
For Amazon pay the points are worth 20 price otherwise 25 paisa.
Also 117 fee for every redemption
I haven't redeemed points yet however I can definitely see Amazon Pay Voucher worth 5000 @ 5000 RPs and 1RP=1Re value for other vouchers as well. See screenshots
I didn't know about the redemption fee you mentioned so i checked and you're right, there is a 99+tax fees on every redemption.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240425-213233_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240425-213233_Chrome.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20240425-213132_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240425-213132_Chrome.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 14

drsel

TF Legend
I haven't redeemed points yet however I can definitely see Amazon Pay Voucher worth 5000 @ 5000 RPs and 1RP=1Re value for other vouchers as well. See screenshots
I didn't know about the redemption fee you mentioned so i checked and you're right, there is a 99+tax fees on every redemption.
You must be having AU Zenith where the points are 1 rupee.

In AU Lit card the points are either 20 Paisa for Amazon pay or 25 Paisa for Amazon shopping voucher.

Screenshot_20240425-214912.jpg Screenshot_20240425-215053.jpg

Last edited:

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Just noticed that 2L Group A limit for MB this time is not capped individually for each partner like last time. It's shared across all partners. I was somehow hoping that they will follow the same old formula with 2L for each partner. But I guess, that makes my work easier, all that 2L quota will be taken by Accor.

Vistara/Air India Miles or revenue flights through yes/hdfc bank points route is manageable for airlines. I never found value in Krisflyer (Although hdfc is available for that). And Turkish is devalued already. Rest of the options like United, Avios, Thai etc are just not worth it. Haven't transferred anything to them yet. JAL is good option, but will see based on travel plans.