• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Devaluation Axis Magnus & Magnus Burgundy Credit Card Huge Devaluation Effective From 20th April 2024

S D S

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I had the same issue, could only transfer my edge points in multiples of accrued Burgundy points. Have kept a bunch unredeemed to transfer my accelerated reward points but they aren't crediting to my account (spends in early Feb) saying there is a software error. Hoping it gets sorted before the devaluation. Will miss out on the Vistara bonus ending this month due to this 😞
I have the Magnus for Burgundy card & these devaluations are a punch in the gut.

The only reason I opened a Burgundy account was to get this card. I guess there is no need for me to maintain that anymore so in all probability I'm going to close my account after I have transferred all my points.

The other problem is that Axis has still not converted all my Edge Rewards points to Burgundy points so I can't redeem them in the 5:4 ratio till that is done. They keep saying there is a technical glitch & first said it will be rectified in January, then they said end of February & now are saying end of March. At this rate the 20th April deadline will pass without the ability for me to transfer over to the frequent flyer program of my choice. Also, they have not credited any points for any spends in the month of March.

Absolutely incompetent behavior on part of the bank. As someone who has transitioned over from Citi, I am used to much much better service.

Jajamama

TF Buzz
With so many ifs and buts, it amazes me how some people make best use of these travel cards.
It used to be great earlier. I was one of the initial recipients of the Magnus card & benefited greatly from it. Then when they devalued the transfer benefits in September last year I decided to open up a Burgundy account to retain those benefits. That worked very well for me again. The new milestone benefits was also good for me as I have high spends every month.

But for the last 2-3 months they have completely lost the plot. They deducted points in January & I still don't have them back. They have not transferred over the Edge points to Burgundy points. They have not credited any points for spends in March. Don't know what's going on but it seems like they are deliberately trying to sabotage their credit card division.

techt

TF Legend
It used to be great earlier. I was one of the initial recipients of the Magnus card & benefited greatly from it. Then when they devalued the transfer benefits in September last year I decided to open up a Burgundy account to retain those benefits. That worked very well for me again. The new milestone benefits was also good for me as I have high spends every month.

But for the last 2-3 months they have completely lost the plot. They deducted points in January & I still don't have them back. They have not transferred over the Edge points to Burgundy points. They have not credited any points for spends in March. Don't know what's going on but it seems like they are deliberately trying to sabotage their credit card division.
Even now some people are saying M4B is still good . Thats what surprises me.

Jajamama

TF Buzz
I had the same issue, could only transfer my edge points in multiples of accrued Burgundy points. Have kept a bunch unredeemed to transfer my accelerated reward points but they aren't crediting to my account (spends in early Feb) saying there is a software error. Hoping it gets sorted before the devaluation. Will miss out on the Vistara bonus ending this month due to this 😞
As frustrating as that is, for some strange reason they deducted more Burgundy points from my account this month. My Edge points remain the same but my Burgundy points decreased.

Jajamama

TF Buzz
Very surprising. They have capped transfers with all the good partners at 2 Lakh points per year. Also I believe they have made it cumulative so that means if I transfer that amount to one partner then I can't transfer to any other partner in that category till the next year. At least right now I have the ability to transfer 10 Lakh points per partner per year.

Can't understand how people are saying the card is going to be worth keeping after 20th April.

puneri.jaws

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Effective 1st May 2024, access to domestic airport lounges will be based on a minimum eligible spend of Rs. 50,000 in the previous 3 calendar months. In the case of a newly issued card, the minimum spend criteria is waived for the month of card issuance as well as for the following 3 calendar months. For more details, please click here.

It only mentions for domestic lounges. International should be accessible without any conditions.

Just FYI, Axis is not an eligible partner for Club Vistara Points Fest 2024

Oh is it?

Last year, I had transferred over a lac and planned on doing it again to Vistara. Didn't know it was not a transfer partner anymore
They are a transfer partner still, but Axis is specifically excluded for Bonus points.. check

S D S

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Naah, won't bother. My reward points may not get credited by month end, will transfer to a hotel partner next month.
They are a transfer partner still, but Axis is specifically excluded for Bonus points.. check

amitr29

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Absolutely, it's still a good card. Where will you get Rs. 86000 worth Accor stay on spending 2 lacs on flights and hotels through Travel Edge? Which card gives 4 meet and greet in a year? Which card gives 28k Net miles or Accor points on regular spend of 3 lacs a month. On a regular spend of 3 lacs, Infinia gives 10k points

sgoyal9

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Absolutely, it's still a good card. Where will you get Rs. 86000 worth Accor stay on spending 2 lacs on flights and hotels through Travel Edge? Which card gives 4 meet and greet in a year? Which card gives 28k Net miles or Accor points on regular spend of 3 lacs a month. On a regular spend of 3 lacs, Infinia gives 10k points
What are these regular spends that remain?
After so many, just so many exclusions, I really don't see how to hit 2-3 lakhs of expenditure regularly.
The benefit of Infinia is the ease of getting your points. You don't have to worry about going to the bank/statement and checking for what you got points and what you didn't. Property payment, investment payment, travel, hell even with Smartbuy EMIs you get points. What are the spends remaining to get points in Axis? Even utilities and insurance is gone.

amitr29

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What are these regular spends that remain?
After so many, just so many exclusions, I really don't see how to hit 2-3 lakhs of expenditure regularly.
The benefit of Infinia is the ease of getting your points. You don't have to worry about going to the bank/statement and checking for what you got points and what you didn't. Property payment, investment payment, travel, hell even with Smartbuy EMIs you get points. What are the spends remaining to get points in Axis? Even utilities and insurance is gone.
These regular spends are basically for people, who have organic high spend on cards. For eg. I do a European tour every year and 2 Asian tour. This means I will anyways spend 5-6 lacs on tickets and hotels for European tour and 3-4 lacs on Asian tour. If I plan nicely, this means easily 200000 accor points, which is Whopping 3.60 lacs of Accor stay free or a Bali return Business class on Singapore Airlines for 2 adults.

There are always regular spends like Zomato, Swiggy, Liquor, Dining, Blinkit etc 30-40k / month easily . I think for utilities and insurance most of the cards have stopped giving points.

In the end, it's a card which can give awesome travel benefits. For non travellers, may not be of much value.

Jajamama

TF Buzz
These regular spends are basically for people, who have organic high spend on cards. For eg. I do a European tour every year and 2 Asian tour. This means I will anyways spend 5-6 lacs on tickets and hotels for European tour and 3-4 lacs on Asian tour. If I plan nicely, this means easily 200000 accor points, which is Whopping 3.60 lacs of Accor stay free or a Bali return Business class on Singapore Airlines for 2 adults.

There are always regular spends like Zomato, Swiggy, Liquor, Dining, Blinkit etc 30-40k / month easily . I think for utilities and insurance most of the cards have stopped giving points.

In the end, it's a card which can give awesome travel benefits. For non travellers, may not be of much value.
You are forgetting that after next month you will only have the ability to transfer 2 Lakh points total for the year across partners in Group A. With a 5:4 ratio for the Burgundy variant, that means the maximum you can get are 1.6 Lakh Accor points. Then you can't transfer anything else to any other partner in Group A till the following year.

I spend over a Crore a year on my cards. The majority of that is eligible spend on Magnus. I average 12-15 international trips per year. I end up earning over 1 Lakh points per month. But with the capping of points transfers I now won't have the ability to transfer those points anywhere. Group B has terrible partner options but even if I find a program to transfer the maximum 8 Lakh points to, I will still not be able to transfer them all.

I am right now sitting on close to 20 Lakh points. But these idiots have only transferred 2 Lakh out of those to my Magnus balance. Then they took away 50K points from that for some strange reason last week. If they don't transfer over all my existing points to my Magnus balance before 20th April then I will be stuck with all those points & not have the ability to use them.

This just went from being a great card to a very mediocre & troublesome one for me.

chasni

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
The most important point here is that you can earn as much points as you want through eligible spends but your points transfer limit is capped per year. So, you need back calculate the right amount of spend on these cards and then move the remaining spends to other cards. This is making the whole process of using credit cards more tedious.

techt

TF Legend
You are forgetting that after next month you will only have the ability to transfer 2 Lakh points total for the year across partners in Group A. With a 5:4 ratio for the Burgundy variant, that means the maximum you can get are 1.6 Lakh Accor points. Then you can't transfer anything else to any other partner in Group A till the following year.

I spend over a Crore a year on my cards. The majority of that is eligible spend on Magnus. I average 12-15 international trips per year. I end up earning over 1 Lakh points per month. But with the capping of points transfers I now won't have the ability to transfer those points anywhere. Group B has terrible partner options but even if I find a program to transfer the maximum 8 Lakh points to, I will still not be able to transfer them all.

I am right now sitting on close to 20 Lakh points. But these idiots have only transferred 2 Lakh out of those to my Magnus balance. Then they took away 50K points from that for some strange reason last week. If they don't transfer over all my existing points to my Magnus balance before 20th April then I will be stuck with all those points & not have the ability to use them.

This just went from being a great card to a very mediocre & troublesome one for me.
Ambani Ji, JIO fiber is not available in our area. Please launch it soon.