• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Devaluation Axis Magnus & Magnus Burgundy Credit Card Huge Devaluation Effective From 20th April 2024

amitr29

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You are forgetting that after next month you will only have the ability to transfer 2 Lakh points total for the year across partners in Group A. With a 5:4 ratio for the Burgundy variant, that means the maximum you can get are 1.6 Lakh Accor points. Then you can't transfer anything else to any other partner in Group A till the following year.

I spend over a Crore a year on my cards. The majority of that is eligible spend on Magnus. I average 12-15 international trips per year. I end up earning over 1 Lakh points per month. But with the capping of points transfers I now won't have the ability to transfer those points anywhere. Group B has terrible partner options but even if I find a program to transfer the maximum 8 Lakh points to, I will still not be able to transfer them all.

I am right now sitting on close to 20 Lakh points. But these idiots have only transferred 2 Lakh out of those to my Magnus balance. Then they took away 50K points from that for some strange reason last week. If they don't transfer over all my existing points to my Magnus balance before 20th April then I will be stuck with all those points & not have the ability to use them.

This just went from being a great card to a very mediocre & troublesome one for me.
It's not as attractive as earlier but still the best card for travellers like yourself. In group B there are good options as well, where you can transfer 8 lac point or net 6.4 0 lacs. With 6.40 lacs you can get Mum-LHR 3 return flights in business class on Vistara, which usually costs anything between 2-2.50 lacs per person return.You can get Qantas business return in 1.90 lac points, which means 3 return Business class. Is that bad?

If you earn 1 lacs point per month, 10 lac points are taken care of. For rest 2 months, you can use Atlas or some other card.

With 10 lac points on Magnus you get value of almost 12-14 lac for travel. Don't think any card can match this. Card is free for your kind of spend anyways.

Last edited:

Jajamama

TF Buzz
It's not as attractive as earlier but still the best card for travellers like yourself. In group B there are good options as well, where you can transfer 8 lac point or net 6.40 lacs. With 6.4 lacs you can get Mum-LHR 6 return flights in business class in Qatar Airways, which usually costs anything between 3.3-4 lacs per person return. Even if you consider 35k k per person in taxes, you will get benefit of 16 lacs. Is that bad?

If you earn 1 lacs point per month, 10 lac points are taken care of. For rest 2 months, you can use Atlas or some other card.

With 10 lac points on Magnus you get value of almost 20 lac for travel. Don't think any card can match this. Card is free for your kind of spend anyways.
All my travel, except for a trip in the summer & sometimes in the winter, is for work. When I am traveling for work I don't have the need to use miles. When traveling for leisure then its with my family. I don't think any of the partners in group B will give me 4 business class tickets on miles on the same flight. A number of partners in group A gave me that option. So while I may be able to earn 6 return flights in business class on Qatar, if I can't use them for my family on the same flight then its of no use to me.

The ability to earn points on this card is awesome. Better than any other card I have ever come across. But now with the capping & groups getting introduced from next month, my ability to make use of those points is severely hampered. The partners that will give me what I want are in the group where I can transfer less than 20% of my earned points.

kalratush

TF Buzz
All my travel, except for a trip in the summer & sometimes in the winter, is for work. When I am traveling for work I don't have the need to use miles. When traveling for leisure then its with my family. I don't think any of the partners in group B will give me 4 business class tickets on miles on the same flight. A number of partners in group A gave me that option. So while I may be able to earn 6 return flights in business class on Qatar, if I can't use them for my family on the same flight then its of no use to me.

The ability to earn points on this card is awesome. Better than any other card I have ever come across. But now with the capping & groups getting introduced from next month, my ability to make use of those points is severely hampered. The partners that will give me what I want are in the group where I can transfer less than 20% of my earned points.
Absolutely with you on this one. I also spend about 50-60L per year on travel for work/leisure and have earned 2 mil points in the last 12 months and spent 1.5 mil of those already on business class flights and hotels, most of those transfers being in Group A partners. Now my options are severely limited in terms of redeeming these miles for travel, even more if multiple people are traveling with me.

I don't know why axis capped miles transfer by making groups because I'm sure they were making decent money on travel booked through travel edge because flights on their portal used to usually be 4-10% higher than on any other booking portal.

Where it works for me is I have 3 M4B cards in my family, but it's still annoying to have to rethink miles earning and redemption strategy. I think I'm going to move all my current ER (4-5L) to group A partners like Aeroplan, Qatar and Accor before the deval hits.

techt

TF Legend
Wow .... going by above 2 posts, seems this card is tailor made for @amitr29 which he earned thru good karma of stopping selling ULIPs.

techt

TF Legend
God is great 😃
Grabbing Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

rogerthat

TF Ace
If I have Additional Edge Reward points and Gift Edge additional ER points pending on Magnus and I close the card, will I lose those points? I still will have IOCL so the Edge Rewards account will be still active. Anyone knows?

Customer care as always has no clue, they don't seem like they have considered such a situation.

Gaara

TF Ace

Just saw this and I was wondering If I should mail axis and ask them to lower Ace Fees as it is devalued too 😂 :unsure:

abhishek0882

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Clutching at straws but few basic queries (renewed in December so if I have to carry it till the next renewal date):
1) Magnus was giving ERs for rent payments up to INR 50,000 (not counted towards milestones). So do rent payments upto 50k still earn ERs?
2) Will these rent payments count towards the 50k spends over last 3 months for lounge access?
3) Is this spend criteria for intl' lounge access through priority pass as well? Any change in accessing intl' lounge access?
4) There were a few domestic lounges that could be accessed via priority pass (very few but there were some, and they could be accessed only via priority pass, like the one in Guwahati) - what about access to those lounges?

Would really appreciate responses to the above.

Rags

TF Select
They get credited after your billing date
Hmmm,y billing date is 18th April new changes effective April 20...very tight. I don't think they do on different dates for different people. I am worried of they do in May as per usual times.

S D S

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
The conversion ratio hasn't changed had it? I didn't get any notification. My date is the same, but now I leave it to God. Axis brings out my spiritual side. 🙏

Rags

TF Select
The conversion ratio hasn't changed had it? I didn't get any notification. My date is the same, but now I leave it to God. Axis brings out my spiritual side. 🙏
Conversion ratio didn't change, but I want to escape the capping of Group A for March AEP.

abhishek0882

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Clutching at straws but few basic queries (renewed in December so if I have to carry it till the next renewal date):
1) Magnus was giving ERs for rent payments up to INR 50,000 (not counted towards milestones). So do rent payments upto 50k still earn ERs?
2) Will these rent payments count towards the 50k spends over last 3 months for lounge access?
3) Is this spend criteria for intl' lounge access through priority pass as well? Any change in accessing intl' lounge access?
4) There were a few domestic lounges that could be accessed via priority pass (very few but there were some, and they could be accessed only via priority pass, like the one in Guwahati) - what about access to those lounges?

My apologies for pushing this, but I really need to know soon - can someone please answer these queries?

Hi everyone,

I have a small doubt regarding the recent changes to the Magnus Burgundy Credit Card's complimentary airport meet & assist services, effective April 20th, 2024. The revision reduces the number of complimentary services from 8 to 4 per calendar year. Additionally, for the current calendar year (2024), all Magnus Burgundy customers are set to have 4 services available from April 20th until December 31st, regardless of the number of services utilised prior to April 19th, 2024.

I have a question regarding this update:

If a customer has exhausted all 8 meet & assist services before April 20th, 2024, will they still be eligible for an additional 4 services for the remainder of the current calendar year?

It would be immensely helpful to hear from anyone who has encountered similar changes or may have additional information about how these revisions will be implemented.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 12.57.49 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 12.57.49 PM.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 9

rogerthat

TF Ace

As far as I know,
1. Not after April 20th when rent will completely fall under excluded categories.
2. No
3. Yes, No
4. Not sure, but I don't think access channel has changed, only conditions of access has.

Hope this helps. I could still be wrong though :)

S D S

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

I have a small doubt regarding the recent changes to the Magnus Burgundy Credit Card's complimentary airport meet & assist services, effective April 20th, 2024. The revision reduces the number of complimentary services from 8 to 4 per calendar year. Additionally, for the current calendar year (2024), all Magnus Burgundy customers are set to have 4 services available from April 20th until December 31st, regardless of the number of services utilised prior to April 19th, 2024.

I have a question regarding this update:

If a customer has exhausted all 8 meet & assist services before April 20th, 2024, will they still be eligible for an additional 4 services for the remainder of the current calendar year?

It would be immensely helpful to hear from anyone who has encountered similar changes or may have additional information about how these revisions will be implemented.
I had asked customer care this specific question. The number is limited to 4 per calendar year, so if I used 4 in March, I would have exhausted my quota for the entire year.