• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Burgundy account VISA infinite vs Mastercard World debit card

Thomas Shelby

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Can anyone suggest which variant debit card is better Visa infinite or Mastercard World (not talking about burgundy private debit card)

The debit card I am referring to is https://www.axisbank.com/retail/cards/debit-cards/burgundy-debit-card/features-benefits

I opened two burgundy accounts and got two Mastercards thinking of changing one of them to Visa infinite any idea how to change Mastercard World to Visa Infinite debit card?

avishj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have had experience with both. They work the same, but the Visa Infinite variant came in clutch during the recent Thriwe offer (3 month Amazon Prime + 250 BB Voucher and more)

__Kash__

TF Select
VIP Lounge
You can request for upgrade after 30 days in Mobile app itself. Instant and free upgrade. Do cross-check that it says visa burgundy card and not just burgundy.
Axis Bank has stopped issuing visa variant for Burgundy account. I even escalated it till PNO. They clearly denied issuing VISA card, now only Mastercard variant is available after the ban is revoked.

__Kash__

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I did it last month only. I was issued master card in July by default. Raised upgrade request in August once 30 days completed and got visa variant.
I held a VISA card till last month, there was an error in my name printed on the card, so I applied for a replacement in third week of August, they just issued a MastarCard variant. I escalated this issue till PNO but they clearly stated that they stopped issuing VISA and no longer issue VISA card now.
I don't see VISA variant in upgrade option as well. Can you please check in your internet banking and confirm.
1664355537063.png

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I held a VISA card till last month, there was an error in my name printed on the card, so I applied for a replacement in third week of August, they just issued a MastarCard variant. I escalated this issue till PNO but they clearly stated that they stopped issuing VISA and no longer issue VISA card now.
I don't see VISA variant in upgrade option as well. Can you please check in your internet banking and confirm.
1664355537063.png
No idea, i thought it alternates between MasterCard and Visa, as initially it showed me MasterCard only, but after 30 days when I applied for upgrade, it showed visa.

Now since I have visa, it will show MasterCard again. Although, it is just completed 30 days, so probably due to that it is not showing me any card currently (says we are unable to fetch list if cards that u can apply for).

__Kash__

TF Select
VIP Lounge
No idea, i thought it alternates between MasterCard and Visa, as initially it showed me MasterCard only, but after 30 days when I applied for upgrade, it showed visa.

Now since I have visa, it will show MasterCard again. Although, it is just completed 30 days, so probably due to that it is not showing me any card currently (says we are unable to fetch list if cards that u can apply for).
Gotcha. It takes 30 days to see that option again

What is the benefit of visa variant over mastercard .. one think I can think is visa can be used in paytm to pay credit card bills .. and for mastercard we need to use mobikwik ( upto 20k - the limit is too less ) and cheq -- charges 99+gst ..

insight

TF Ace
Axis Bank has stopped issuing visa variant for Burgundy account. I even escalated it till PNO. They clearly denied issuing VISA card, now only Mastercard variant is available after the ban is revoked.
You can request for upgrade after 30 days in Mobile app itself. Instant and free upgrade. Do cross-check that it says visa burgundy card and not just burgundy.
I did it last month only. I was issued master card in July by default. Raised upgrade request in August once 30 days completed and got visa variant.

Whats the current status of this game? Visa vs MC?

I just got accounts upgraded to Burgundy with parents.

I asked for a request at the Bank via, I just got issued a MC. Is that something they could've "specified" at the Bank during request?

My prev card was Visa.

Also there is weird discrepancy between IB (shows both) an MB (only shows 1) with "upgrade menus" Will post this for more clarity.

@Harry1 - Just got my Burdundy DC MC.

I also have a previous Visa Priority Platinum linked to same account.

Thoughts? Can you share how I may try to REPEAT what you di?

Last edited:

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
^ Quoted above:

@Harry1 - Just got my Burdundy DC MC.
I also have a previous Visa Priority Platinum linked to same account.
Thoughts? Can you share how I may try to REPEAT what you di?
Not working now. By mistake, I blocked and replaced my card and got MasterCard variant. Now, For me, it is not showing any upgrade option. Only block and replace available. Stuck with mastercard.

insight

TF Ace
Not working now. By mistake,
I blocked and replaced my card and got MasterCard variant.
Is it possible to just do REPLACED without the blocked? i.e. Faulty card etc?
Now, For me, it is not showing any upgrade option. Only block and replace available. Stuck with mastercard.
Oh! Did the CC No change or only V to MC?

Im guessing you blocked for safety reasons? Else a replace only might have stayed VISA?

No luck requesting it via Bank/ RMs?
Could I / should I try?

PS: I would like to maintain that CC No. and its Visa parentage.

PS: Could I hold and keep both as linked to the same account?

@Harry1 - Gonna try to post some screenshots, do let me know if I can play some of the above.